supermaxhd
supermaxhd
Joined: Apr 22, 2012
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 95
February 22nd, 2015 at 11:28:56 AM permalink
Cincinnati has video poker with the progressive royal over $6400 ($1 credits). A non progressive 7/5 JoB pay table has a 96.1% from what I can find. Can someone tell me what the expected return on this game is with the progressive counted? How should basic JoB strategy be altered to play this game? thanks!
gambling problem? split tens!
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
February 22nd, 2015 at 11:35:15 AM permalink
A $4000 royal is worth 2% of the return. So, for every $4000 on the progressive, you can increase your return by 2%. Or, for every $1000 it goes up 0.5%. And every $500 increase is 0.25%.

4,000: 96.1%
4500: 96.35%
5000: 96.6%
5500: 96.85%
6000: 97.1%
6500: 97.35%

etc.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 4744
February 22nd, 2015 at 11:41:43 AM permalink
The Wizard's pay table analyzer says a $6400 royal payout on a 7/5 machine (assuming a $5 pay-in) has a 97.48% return.

I don't think there are any changes to basic strategy until the progressive gets to 11,410, at which point you discard the 9 from a King-high straight flush to go for the royal.
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 1818
February 22nd, 2015 at 12:35:26 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

The Wizard's pay table analyzer says a $6400 royal payout on a 7/5 machine (assuming a $5 pay-in) has a 97.48% return.

I don't think there are any changes to basic strategy until the progressive gets to 11,410, at which point you discard the 9 from a King-high straight flush to go for the royal.




Not true. Close to the base payout, you wouldn't keep A and T suited... only the A. But as the progressive increases, you switch to keeping the A and the T. Not sure exactly where the switch is, but it's long before 11,410
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
February 22nd, 2015 at 12:46:53 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Not true. Close to the base payout, you wouldn't keep A and T suited... only the A. But as the progressive increases, you switch to keeping the A and the T. Not sure exactly where the switch is, but it's long before 11,410



At 950:1 you discard the T with AT suited.

At 955:1 you hold the AT suited.

So, around $4,750, you make the switch.

http://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/a-1-b-74-c-1-d-0-d-1-d-2-d-3-d-4-d-6-d-7-d-25-d-50-d-950/
http://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/a-1-b-74-c-1-d-0-d-1-d-2-d-3-d-4-d-6-d-7-d-25-d-50-d-955/
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 149
  • Posts: 19254
February 22nd, 2015 at 12:48:49 PM permalink
Quote: supermaxhd

Cincinnati has video poker with the progressive royal over $6400 ($1 credits). A non progressive 7/5 JoB pay table has a 96.1% from what I can find. Can someone tell me what the expected return on this game is with the progressive counted? How should basic JoB strategy be altered to play this game? thanks!

You should also consider the meter movement (Its probably crappie) Occasionally you find something thats close to break even(before MM is factored in) but can justify playing it because of the meter move, that's rare nowadays.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Tortoise
Tortoise
Joined: Mar 7, 2012
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 39
February 23rd, 2015 at 6:35:38 AM permalink
There are lots of strategy deviations as the jackpot rises. Probably the biggest one occurs around $5,000 when you hold 3 to the royal over high pairs.
supermaxhd
supermaxhd
Joined: Apr 22, 2012
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 95
February 23rd, 2015 at 9:19:06 AM permalink
I am not sure I understand the MM question. I split my play between Cincinnati and Southern Indiana. I know I often see higher progressives at Cincinnati and rarely see the progressive at Southern Indiana gets over $4500. Southern Indiana has a better pay table with 8/5 bonus poker but likely a slower meter?
gambling problem? split tens!
supermaxhd
supermaxhd
Joined: Apr 22, 2012
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 95
February 23rd, 2015 at 9:19:59 AM permalink
delete
gambling problem? split tens!
supermaxhd
supermaxhd
Joined: Apr 22, 2012
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 95
February 23rd, 2015 at 9:20:32 AM permalink
Quote: Tortoise

There are lots of strategy deviations as the jackpot rises. Probably the biggest one occurs around $5,000 when you hold 3 to the royal over high pairs.



Can someone confirm this?
gambling problem? split tens!

  • Jump to: