Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 134
April 27th, 2014 at 1:13:00 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

They can be on any of the hands. You can play any or all of them for less than five credits but in order to play five credits, you must play every hand. So no, you cannot just play the hands with multipliers unless it's only on the first hand.

So if there's just one next hand multiplier and it's on just the first hand, there's little reason to play more than just that hand, except if you want to play 5 coins you would have to play all hands? So, if you have a next hand multiplier it seems like you'd want to play the max, 10 coins, in order to increase your advantage. If that's so, you'd always play all hands for 10 coins if there's even one next hand multiplier. And you'd play until you had no next hand multipliers? And what is a Star game? Is there more than one type of UX game?

Edit: It just dawned on me that I made a math/gambling 101 mistake in the above post. You would not bet 10 coins to increase your advantage because it would not increase your advantage. You can always double your wager to double your win, but it does not improve your odds.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
April 27th, 2014 at 1:19:28 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
April 27th, 2014 at 1:25:01 PM permalink

Oddly, your edge is larger playing just the first hand with a multiplier on a three play machine with one credit than it is playing all three with five credits.

but these are 1 time shots so I think it is best to take a 300% edge for $3.75 than it is taking a 400% edge for $0.25. The edge may be higher on 1 hand for 1 coin but the overall return is higher playing all hands for 5 coins. But I guess you already know that.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
April 27th, 2014 at 1:32:39 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

So if there's just one next hand multiplier and it's on just the first hand, there's little reason to play more than just that hand, except if you want to play 5 coins you would have to play all hands? So, if you have a next hand multiplier it seems like you'd want to play the max, 10 coins, in order to increase your advantage. If that's so, you'd always play all hands for 10 coins if there's even one next hand multiplier. And you'd play until you had no next hand multipliers? And what is a Star game? Is there more than one type of UX game?

You are over thinking this whole thing. If you have a game with them left behind then you should play all games for 5 coins. If you can not afford to do so then quit looking at them.

Here is some maths for ya. Lets assume you are playing a 100% game to make it easy.
You find a 3 play $0.25 with a 2x on the first line. You can either play all 3 games for 5 credits or play 1 game for 1 credit.

EV for 3 games at 5 coins is
((100x2)+100+100)/3= 133.33% edge.
(1.25x3)X133.33%= $5.00
Profit of $1.25

EV for 1 game at 1 coin is
100%x2= 200%
.25X200% = $0.50
Profit of $0.25

wholly crap I think this is the first time that I have actually tried to do math on this site. If I am wrong, someone please step in and correct me.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
April 27th, 2014 at 1:33:22 PM permalink
duplicate
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
April 27th, 2014 at 1:36:46 PM permalink
deleted
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 27th, 2014 at 2:43:54 PM permalink

Oddly, your edge is larger playing just the first hand with a multiplier on a three play machine with one credit than it is playing all three with five credits.

Percentage wise, yes, but not dollar wise. You should bet 5 as long as you can afford the swing. I went round and round with that super-knowledgeable Ardent1 over this. He gave great advice, and definitely knows more than I do, but everything he said had to come with some condescending "I'm better than you" comment. He'd be banned in a week if he came back under the new rules. I don't miss him at all.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
April 27th, 2014 at 2:52:06 PM permalink
deleted
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 27th, 2014 at 3:35:39 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

As others have said, you just want to play 5 credits because you get max benefit from the multiplier left over, but don't "pay" for earning future ones.

A "Five Star" game is a unit that offers single-hand versions of popular multi-line games including DreamCard, Quick Quads, Super Times Pay, and Ultimate X.

I know this, trust me! ;-)

As GWAE pointed out, the return is higher. My statement was about the player edge only, not the return.

Figured you did. Just wanted to make sure it didn't accidentally mislead others who might misinterpret what you wrote. I feel like the way you wrote it might think that betting one on the multiplier hand(s) is the better play "money-wise" when it's generally not.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
April 27th, 2014 at 3:47:01 PM permalink
deleted

• Jump to: