TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
June 10th, 2015 at 6:35:03 PM permalink
Quote: Aussie

Even for someone like me who doesn't post or read a whole lot it was obvious they were the same person.

Guess he's still got the Monkey to keep him company.
I hope he finds some peace in his life.
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
jeffwarren75
jeffwarren75
  • Threads: 19
June 10th, 2015 at 6:45:00 PM permalink
It actually was the best ending to a thread I have seen in a long time
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 10th, 2015 at 7:16:25 PM permalink
I give my apology to anyone who was deeply bothered by the monkey. I was in talks with Ace for a long time, well before the arrival of "lion". I knew Ace was concerned, and rightfully so, and had been gathering info "just in case". If ever anything crossed a line into criminal acts, I wanted Ace covered as best I could, just as I would for all members.

When lion came, he knew it was the monkey, I knew it was the monkey, and a great deal of you all knew it was the monkey. But the monkey learned how to spoof IP's and was able to hide some of his signatures. Because of this, and with Ace's knowledge, I left him be. I wanted him to post and as much as possible to get another read on him and continue collecting as much as I could. I suppose I should also apologize to Babs and any other mod who had been looking in, as well as those most adamant and verbal about the dupe. It was not my intention to mislead or keep you in the dark, nor was it cool to let someone muck up the forum for so long. I just find things are more clear the less awareness there is, and I felt a member's personal safety trumped online aggravation.

So... sorry, hope things didn't get too bad, and tomorrow's another day. 2 annoyances gone today, what will tomorrow bring? Who sets the lines in this joint?

Oh, and props to many of you. While I don't like to encourage rampant paranoia and wouldn't want every new member to be greeted with a WoV inquisition, many of you have a hell of an average when it comes to sniffing out dupes. Just remember to temper it with patience and restraint and we'll have a good thing going here.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
June 11th, 2015 at 3:46:56 AM permalink
Damn i get busy for a few days and miss out on the lion's den or monkeyfest part deux damnit
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 11th, 2015 at 4:29:01 AM permalink
kept us entertained - those who were not should have blocked it all

still, he got his just reward. Needs to see a shrink if this is how he gets his jollies.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 11th, 2015 at 12:55:58 PM permalink
Quote: Face

many of you have a hell of an average when it comes to sniffing out dupes. .

It's very hard to change your writing style
and keep it up. People have a certain way
of responding questions and who you are
will come out unless you're constantly
vigilant, and nobody ever is.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 11th, 2015 at 12:57:10 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

It's very hard to change your writing style
and keep it up. People have a certain way
of responding questions and who you are
will come out unless you're constantly
vigilant, and nobody ever is.

like, you might show a monkey video
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
June 11th, 2015 at 10:08:03 PM permalink
How's this for an axiom: Any "new" member who says, "I was going back and reading old forum posts and found such and such out" is LYING.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
June 11th, 2015 at 10:29:42 PM permalink
What if a new member says:

"I've been around these forums for years now...Until now, I've had no reason to participate in discussion, as it interested me more to just observe. Yes, I did choose to create an account following the nuke of eagle, but I can guarantee, this isn't an alias of anyone currently or previously a member of any associated WoO of WoV boards."
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 12th, 2015 at 12:22:57 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

What if a new member says:

"I've been around these forums for years now...Until now, I've had no reason to participate in discussion, as it interested me more to just observe. Yes, I did choose to create an account following the nuke of eagle, but I can guarantee, this isn't an alias of anyone currently or previously a member of any associated WoO of WoV boards."

It's so confusing.. Not really. lol
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
  • Jump to: