• Threads: 12
September 21st, 2011 at 11:03:42 AM permalink
I think that's very good advice.
Lucky
Lucky
  • Threads: 1
September 21st, 2011 at 11:38:50 AM permalink
Attn: boymimbo

Hope I didn't give you the idea that I don't appreciate your advice. I do. I asked for feedback here and take it all as constructive. I'm not here to defend my idea; I'm listening - and learning. Thanks.

By the way, I didn't respond to your idea to 'push' stiff bets when the upcard is 2 - 6 because I've already considered that. When I did the math, though, the payout structure didn't change much because the losses (-1) in that situation almost offset the wins (2:1), so you don't gain much in the way of higher payouts for the other situation. But I do agree that it would simplify the play, and it is still worth considering.

"I want the truth, and can handle it!"
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -- Winston Churchill
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
September 21st, 2011 at 5:23:32 PM permalink
Lucky how many basic strategy players did you see when dealing? and the genius who says insurance is a sucker bet, but always takes Even Money.
Dump that BS and split advice and accent the positive. Give that rack card your best pitch.

Ever watch the people flock to Buy One Get One Half Price Sale. But walk right past 30% Off Sale , which is a vastly superior deal. And you only have to buy one if you so desire !!
Lucky
Lucky
  • Threads: 1
September 22nd, 2011 at 12:13:20 AM permalink
Touche, Buzz ... I encounter some but not many straight BS players. The majority apply mythology rather than mathematics to their play. I have taken your advice and that of Paradigm and revised the rack card; in fact, if you view the page link again, you'll find the revised version there.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -- Winston Churchill

• Jump to: