docsjs
docsjs
  • Threads: 22
February 11th, 2011 at 8:16:58 PM permalink
Today, I was at Caesars in AC, playing pai gow poker with an additional bet on the fortune bonus. I had bet five dollars, so the envy bonus was in effect.
The player to my left got a straight flush. I lost the hand to the dealer and the dealer took my bet as well as the bonus bet. He then paid me twenty dollars for my envy bonus but kept the original bet. On the very next hand, another player got four of a kind. Again, the dealer took my bonus bet, then paid me for the envy five dollars. I complained that the original bonus bet should not be taken if I won an envy bonus. I asked for a supervisor who explained that the bonus bet was lost on the merits of my hand. Who is right?
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
February 11th, 2011 at 8:35:47 PM permalink
Floorman is right, since your hand did not qualify for a fortune bet it lost, but you got an extra payment for the envy
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
February 11th, 2011 at 9:18:17 PM permalink
You lost the bonus bet, because you didn't get at least three of a kind in your own hand. The $5 bonus bet entitled you to the envy bonus, which is awarded regardless of the outcome of the bonus bet or your basic bet.

The floorman was correct.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
February 21st, 2011 at 5:58:08 PM permalink
Look at it this way:
The ENVY lammer or button itself is the one that gets paid based, on someone else's hand.
Your own bonus bet wins or loses on your own hand only.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
  • Jump to: