Martin
Martin
  • Threads: 8
December 17th, 2010 at 10:52:58 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Because we were all don't players except for one on the left side (and the right side had a couple of don'ts, too) I started out SL1, then moved to the hook and eventually next to the dealer. That makes it easier not only to put down the DC, but also, if there is time, to piggyback the odds when they move in back of the numbers.

Most definitely. They are oversized for the volume they see. And especially at a place that don't bettors favor like Caesars, there is barely enough room for two don't players with odds, not to mention three.

If I'm along the rail I usually just put the bet in the Don't Pass box and ask the dealer to put it in the DC.

Interesting observation regarding Caesars - is that Caesars LV or AC? I've played extensively in both places and never noticed a lot of don't players (aside from me that is).
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
December 18th, 2010 at 10:07:23 AM permalink
Quote: Martin

Is that Caesars LV or AC? I've played extensively in both places and never noticed a lot of don't players (aside from me that is).

Most definitely AC. Check out the tables at the bottom of the escalator. But not the pit on the Boardwalk side. Probably more so on off hours.
Martin
Martin
December 18th, 2010 at 10:54:35 AM permalink
I'm in there frequently - the interesting thing is they usually have more craps tables going than any other Harrah's property. Last time I was there they had six tables in full play.

You're also the second person who has mentioned that there are a lot of don't players in Caesar's.
aahigh
aahigh
  • Threads: 3
December 18th, 2010 at 11:34:34 AM permalink
Click read patent and scroll down to the paytables that show the house edge.

http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=lQUNAAAAEBAJ&dq=6655689

I'm not sure about the edge for the preferred paytable of 1000/250/25 .. but I would assume it's 20% or higher.

I have bet the fire bet .. and I have tipped dealers. Tipping a dealer a dollar is about the same cost as doing a $5 fire bet as I figure it. Or betting the fire 5 times in sequence.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
December 19th, 2010 at 7:22:52 AM permalink
Quote: Martin

You're also the second person who has mentioned that there are a lot of don't players in Caesar's.

They also serve some of the best mai tais at the rail.
Martin
Martin
December 19th, 2010 at 8:00:44 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

They also serve some of the best mai tais at the rail.

Now that I didn't know. Thanks
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
December 19th, 2010 at 8:12:12 AM permalink
Ask for extra cherries. They can be really generous.

• Jump to: