MSSTUD
MSSTUD
  • Threads: 1
January 16th, 2019 at 8:09:53 PM permalink
When I play Mississippi stud it is common for some players to share there cards. I may know 4 or 6 other cards. Is there a simple way I can adjust my strategy to increase my odds?

For example, if I have a low pair and someone else has one of the cards I won't tripple my bet. But what if I have two mid cards and another player has one of my cards, should I fold?

Thank you for your help. I appreciate the easy to use strategies you post.
DogHand
DogHand
  • Threads: 2
January 17th, 2019 at 9:03:13 PM permalink
MSSTUD,

Welcome to the board!

The following web page by Stephen How contains some information on MS Stud collusion:

https://discountgambling.net/2011/05/22/simplified-collusion-for-mississippi-stud/

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand
MSSTUD
MSSTUD
January 18th, 2019 at 10:14:00 AM permalink
Thank you this does help. It certainly makes sense to me on when to play less aggressively than basic stratagy.

However, I am confused about when to play more aggressively. In the collusion strategy it says I should bet 3x on 3rd street with two high suited cards and 5 outs. The basic stratagy says 1x. How many cards do I need to know to push a 3x bet? I rarely know 10 other cards. The tables are not always full and there is usually at least 1 idiot who does not understand the benifits of collusion and refuses to say what their cards are. I usually know 4, to maybe 8 other cards.
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 55
January 18th, 2019 at 1:40:48 PM permalink
Quote: MSSTUD

...However, I am confused about when to play more aggressively. In the collusion strategy it says I should bet 3x on 3rd street with two high suited cards and 5 outs. The basic stratagy says 1x. How many cards do I need to know to push a 3x bet? I rarely know 10 other cards. ... I usually know 4, to maybe 8 other cards.

MSStud,

You have 2 suited pay-cards, right? If you know nothing about cards held by any other player, you have 6 outs: 3 that match one of your cards and 3 that match your other card. In this example, suppose you hold a suited Q and K.

The player to your right has a Q. Whoopsie! Now you only have 2 outs to match your Q because the player to your right has one. But, that still leaves you with 5 outs, so you bet 3x.

If anyone else suggests they have a K or Q, then you lose another out, making only 4 available on Streets 3, 4, and 5. Since you have fewer than 5 outs, you bet 1x instead of 3x.

I hope this helps you out with your "outs."
MSSTUD
MSSTUD
January 18th, 2019 at 6:51:33 PM permalink
I understand how the outs work. However, there are clearly assumptions made in this collusion strategy. Basic stratagy says to bet 1x with two high suited cards. That's if I dont know any other cards. How many other cards do I need to see that don't match my either if my high cards to bet 3x? Is it 10?
deanandmaria
deanandmaria
  • Threads: 2
February 1st, 2019 at 9:19:35 AM permalink
Thanks for posting that.

I do have one issue and maybe it’s just a perspective thing. Folding a small pair with both outs gone. While I certainly understand not betting 3x, there’s still a 16% chance of a dealer holding a pocket pair, with a chance of that even being in the first two cards and a bigger return. Is it not worth the 2-1odds at this point?

Obviously small pairs are paid out more often in two pairs versus the trips or quads. Just want to know if the math says it’s not worth staying in.
  • Jump to: