Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
March 3rd, 2019 at 1:37:39 PM permalink
Quote: jmills

No, he's saying the flop is A-5-8, two of which are suited.

Ok, thanks. I don't see, then, anything that would make the deuces worth a 2x bet. If the board paired, and you held 2pr with the deuces, I'd bet 2x. If your deuce made 4 to a flush, I'd bet 2x. I can't think of any other deuce hands I'd bet 2x. Maybe AK2 rainbow with that holding would make the queen powerful enough to bet it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 3rd, 2019 at 4:28:48 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Ok, thanks. I don't see, then, anything that would make the deuces worth a 2x bet. If the board paired, and you held 2pr with the deuces, I'd bet 2x. If your deuce made 4 to a flush, I'd bet 2x. I can't think of any other deuce hands I'd bet 2x. Maybe AK2 rainbow with that holding would make the queen powerful enough to bet it.

Yeah, this is A58/Q2 rainbow. Not sure why anyone would do anything but check. The queen is worth a 1x bet on some rivers, but there's just nothing to bet after the flop.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 34
March 3rd, 2019 at 7:15:16 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

Betting your ace was still the right play even with two other aces out.
As for re-evaluating calling with high cards,you shouldn't let a few observations change your play,just do what the Strategy says.
This is similar to a bj player saying they never hit 12vs 2 because they always bust.

Whenever I have an Ace, Iím figuring that my Ace will be good enough to hold up on its own. If I see that I have an Ace, I donít even bother looking at the other card and I automatically bet 4x. I let the other card become a mystery card,

Calling down with a high card against a non paired board youíre laying too much. Assuming your high card is good, itís only even money. At least when the board is paired, youíre getting 2:1 against a board that has a less probability of the dealer pairing up. Is it really worth trying to win it by risking even more money against a board favouring the dealer. Like i had mentioned, Iím starting to re-evaluate this play.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 500
March 4th, 2019 at 5:19:06 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Yeah, this is A58/Q2 rainbow. Not sure why anyone would do anything but check. The queen is worth a 1x bet on some rivers, but there's just nothing to bet after the flop.

well, unless there's a 4 flush by the river (and I don't have a flush), I will play that Q high for 1x. I was thinking why not play it on the flop for 2x?

I think I just answered my question. Wait till the river to bet incase there's a 4 flush.
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
March 4th, 2019 at 6:50:52 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

well, unless there's a 4 flush by the river (and I don't have a flush), I will play that Q high for 1x. I was thinking why not play it on the flop for 2x?

I think I just answered my question. Wait till the river to bet incase there's a 4 flush.

Now if the flop was K K 9 and rainbow or even 2 to a flush, would you bet your Q high on the flop? I will.
100xOdds
100xOdds
March 4th, 2019 at 2:05:25 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

Now if the flop was K K 9 and rainbow or even 2 to a flush, would you bet your Q high on the flop? I will.

so if you have k3 offsuit and the board is 55J rainbow or 2flush, you would bet 2x?

hm.. wonder if we can get the Wiz to look at this aggressive strategy?
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
March 4th, 2019 at 5:38:50 PM permalink
Obviously I'll bet 2x with the ace as well, not just the Q. When the flop contains a high pair, with another relatively high card vs your example of a low pair. My reasoning is that with a high pair and a 3rd high card, in the event the board double pairs, it will cancel out any hidden pair held by the dealer, making my high card more valuable. And as I had mentioned, when the board is paired, it's harder for the dealer to pair up. No doubt, it's on the aggressive side.
100xOdds
100xOdds
March 4th, 2019 at 6:58:28 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

Obviously I'll bet 2x with the ace as well, not just the Q.
When the flop contains a high pair, with another relatively high card vs your example of a low pair. My reasoning is that with a high pair and a 3rd high card, in the event the board double pairs, it will cancel out any hidden pair held by the dealer, making my high card more valuable. And as I had mentioned, when the board is paired, it's harder for the dealer to pair up. No doubt, it's on the aggressive side.

um.. aren't you supposed to bet 4x preflop on any Ace? :)

another aggressive example:
you have J4 offsuit.
flop 77Q
basic strategy says bet 1x on J high on the river.
would you bet 2x on the flop?
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
March 4th, 2019 at 7:01:44 PM permalink

um.. aren't you supposed to bet 4x preflop on any Ace? :)

you have J4 offsuit.
flop 77Q

Oh yeah, forgot, yes Ace 4X preflop. Lol... I'll check, having a low kicker can be at problem at tines too if you tie with the dealer on your high card
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1248
Thanks for this post from:
100xOdds
March 6th, 2019 at 7:44:57 PM permalink

you have J4 offsuit.
flop 77Q

I don't think so. You don't meet any of the conditions to make the 2x raise. The pair is not hidden and J/4 is easily outkicked.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

• Jump to: