Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1419
  • Posts: 24231
October 29th, 2017 at 5:19:09 AM permalink
Just finished my write-up for Cajun Stud. Please click the link and let me know what you think. As always, I welcome all questions, comments, and especially corrections.

To those who call it a ripoff of Mississippi Stud, there are three significant differences:

  1. Three decisions points instead of two
  2. Player may bet 1x to 3x the Ante at each decision point, as opposed to 1x only
  3. Decision are raise or fold, not raise or check


P.S. Never mind, I was confusing Mississippi Stud and Let it Ride.
Last edited by: Wizard on Oct 29, 2017
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
October 29th, 2017 at 6:08:10 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

...To those who call it a ripoff of Mississippi Stud, there are three significant differences:

  1. Three decisions points instead of two
  2. Player may bet 1x to 3x the Ante at each decision point, as opposed to 1x only
  3. Decision are raise or fold, not raise or check


That's exactly Mississippi Stud.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 2011
October 29th, 2017 at 6:54:35 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Just finished my write-up for Cajun Stud. Please click the link and let me know what you think. As always, I welcome all questions, comments, and especially corrections.

To those who call it a ripoff of Mississippi Stud, there are three significant differences:

  1. Three decisions points instead of two
  2. Player may bet 1x to 3x the Ante at each decision point, as opposed to 1x only
  3. Decision are raise or fold, not raise or check


The original version of Cajun stud was supposed to allow you to check.
I think that is the version you are describing.
Dan Lubin said they ended up scrapping that version.
The Cajun Stud tables I have seen are exactly like Mississippi stud as far as the betting structure,.
There are 5 different pay tables available but I have only seen three of them in use.

Edit ,after reading your write up it seems you described the 2nd version which is identical to Mississippi Stud not the original version.
Last edited by: Hunterhill on Oct 29, 2017
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
SM777
SM777
Joined: Apr 8, 2016
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 762
October 29th, 2017 at 7:04:54 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Quote: Wizard

...To those who call it a ripoff of Mississippi Stud, there are three significant differences:

  1. Three decisions points instead of two
  2. Player may bet 1x to 3x the Ante at each decision point, as opposed to 1x only
  3. Decision are raise or fold, not raise or check


That's exactly Mississippi Stud.



Yes. This is Mississippi Stud, literally.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
October 29th, 2017 at 7:14:25 AM permalink
Quote: SM777

Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Quote: Wizard

...To those who call it a ripoff of Mississippi Stud, there are three significant differences:

  1. Three decisions points instead of two
  2. Player may bet 1x to 3x the Ante at each decision point, as opposed to 1x only
  3. Decision are raise or fold, not raise or check


That's exactly Mississippi Stud.



Yes. This is Mississippi Stud, literally.


Yep. The only difference I see is the pay table.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
allinriverking
allinriverking
Joined: Feb 3, 2010
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 333
October 29th, 2017 at 9:28:30 AM permalink
Maybe the patent expired..
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1419
  • Posts: 24231
October 29th, 2017 at 11:54:45 AM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill


The original version of Cajun stud was supposed to allow you to check.
I think that is the version you are describing.



The version I just analyzed is the raise or fold version. You can play it at the Galaxy web site. The Galaxy video also clearly shows it is a raise or fold game.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
SM777
SM777
Joined: Apr 8, 2016
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 762
October 29th, 2017 at 11:54:46 AM permalink
Quote: allinriverking

Maybe the patent expired..



I don't think there ever was one. But, that's not really the issue anyway.

Imagine if one of us created a game identical to High Card Flush and peddled it throughout the industry for $150 a month. Galaxy would go out of business, and you'd have yourself a nice monthly income. What good does that do the table games industry though?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1419
  • Posts: 24231
October 29th, 2017 at 11:56:45 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

That's exactly Mississippi Stud.



You're right. I was confusing Let it Ride and Mississippi Stud. My bad.

Now I really feel stupid, I spent hours analyzing this yesterday and didn't realize I had analyzed the exact same game already. Hopefully this is just normal aging and not a sign of Alzheimer's disease.

At least I don't need to work on the second and third decision points, as that information is covered in my Mississippi Stud page.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 2011
October 29th, 2017 at 12:04:44 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The version I just analyzed is the raise or fold version. You can play it at the Galaxy web site. The Galaxy video also clearly shows it is a raise or fold game.


Yes your write up is clearly about the raise or fold game,but your post on this forum seemed to be referring to the other version where you could check or bet,hence my confusion.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.

  • Jump to: