JohnnyComet
JohnnyComet
  • Threads: 4
June 20th, 2017 at 12:54:13 PM permalink
Anyone played/seen this elsewhere? Would love to get any more info.

Have had some KILLER sessions, and some not so good as with most carny games.

JC
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 27
Thanks for this post from:
JohnnyComet
June 20th, 2017 at 1:24:32 PM permalink
I like this game, kind of. It's like THB but instead of being able to check it forces the player to make a bet every single call, probably because most players will fold more often when they shouldn't. Also, with no "blind" bet (like UTH) this is why they pay the ante even more rare than a "qualifying" hand. It's interesting to see the differences and how that more/less balances the math out.

To me the toughest best to analyze would be the flop bet. Say it's Q-J-2 and you have 10-5... I'd think for basic strategy it would come down to outs as gordon referenced. You should pretty much always see the flop cards, always bet when you have a pair, and 2x if you have mid pair or better on the board when you can. This is a rough off the top from poker and other similar games I've played. I'd like to do more analysis of this game and find places to play it =).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
offTopic
offTopic
  • Threads: 1
July 15th, 2017 at 5:36:05 PM permalink
Played a couple of short sessions in Reno completely eschewing the bonus bets and flat betting $5. It's not bad, I think I prefer UTH, though.

WRT dealer trips, I pretty much hate betting on the dealer's hand in any game, but I can see it being attractive in this context because you get so many boards containing made hands.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
July 19th, 2017 at 4:58:22 PM permalink
Is this at Atlantis? I think they have tried a few AGS games...recall seeing Two Card Poker last summer.
sixsisters
sixsisters
  • Threads: 0
July 19th, 2017 at 5:25:59 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

According to those rules, your Texas Hold-em hand can't win unless it is a Full House or Higher. My initial impression is that this is a very unattractive game.

His Linked-in profile says Executive, game inventor, all-around bon vivant.
"When you create a game, the most important element is the ability, or maybe even the illusion, that a player can win money "
JohnnyComet
JohnnyComet
  • Threads: 4
October 1st, 2017 at 5:36:30 PM permalink
Anyone know where this game is in Vegas? Headed there for G2E.

JC

• Jump to: