lavifighter
lavifighter
  • Threads: 21
November 14th, 2016 at 9:25:17 AM permalink
On my trip, I saw this game at luxor, near the poker room.
The game seems to be fair-no rake, position rotates between player and cpu and everything looked fine. No points on this machine of course...
However, I am not too familiar with limit-holdem strategy so I ended up losing.

Few questions:
1. Is this game really "fair"?
2. Does anyone(expect for the programmers) know the strategy of the CPU? Does it play perfectly?
3. Can a professional player beat this game?
4. Does this machine learn the player? If I and somone else change player-cards frequently(and sometimes exchange between us, is it possible to "trick" the CPU to play wrong? For example calling a tight player because it thinks that the loose player plays...

I know that limit holdem is a "solved game" and CPU's can beat the best players in the world with a perfect strategy, but I am not sure this is also the situation here-if the conditions are the same.
I know pot-limit and no-limit are beatable though.

*its is not a table game, but not a poker game and not a "video poker" game. I put this thread in this forum but you can move it if you wish.
socks
socks
  • Threads: 15
November 14th, 2016 at 10:38:02 AM permalink
I don't know if that's exactly the same machine, but several years ago, some reasonably smart 40/80 players at the Bellagio seemed to think that a similar machine outside that poker room was beatable for a small amount. By the sound of it, even if they were correct, such a player would be better off doing other things.
  • Jump to: