beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
May 25th, 2016 at 12:25:26 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Okay, for once and for all, what would happen if both the player and dealer had A-K-J?

Non qualifying pp hands. Ante and play push, pp loses.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1375
May 25th, 2016 at 12:50:50 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Non qualifying pp hands. Ante and play push, pp loses.

Thanks, although this would seem to contradict what you wrote earlier, in answer to my question whether a tie with trash is a push:

Quote: beachbumbabs

Yes, if you tie the dealer, you push.

I decided to just post the math both ways. Bottom line is if all ties push, the house edge is 4.23%. If ties with trash lose, then the house edge is 4.34%.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
ZenMasterFlash
ZenMasterFlash
  • Threads: 2
May 27th, 2016 at 5:32:18 AM permalink
What does "element of risk" mean in this context ?
Long Ago I Learned that All of Life is 6 to 5 Against"
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
May 27th, 2016 at 8:25:57 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thanks, although this would seem to contradict what you wrote earlier, in answer to my question whether a tie with trash is a push:

I decided to just post the math both ways. Bottom line is if all ties push, the house edge is 4.23%. If ties with trash lose, then the house edge is 4.34%.

Sorry to have been the source of confusion. I thought the hand qualifying for the bonus paytable was a prerequisite of any sidebet and didn't think to specify.

Ja, ja, dere I go t'inkin' again...oofdah!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Noncompete
Noncompete
  • Threads: 2
October 15th, 2016 at 11:06:06 PM permalink
A few of the racetracks have the 1/4/5 ante bonus however they only pay on winning hands. For example if the dealer's trips beat your straight, you don't receive the 1 unit ante bonus you would on a losing hand in conventional 3CP.
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 52
October 16th, 2016 at 2:29:53 PM permalink
Quote: Noncompete

A few of the racetracks have the 1/4/5 ante bonus however they only pay on winning hands. For example if the dealer's trips beat your straight, you don't receive the 1 unit ante bonus you would on a losing hand in conventional 3CP.

Correct. Same at the Gretna poker room. That's because (in Florida "poker" rooms) you can only get paid on a winning hand. Likewise, your Pair-Plus bet wins if your pair beats the dealer, but not otherwise.

I haven't been to the Gretna poker room recently. With all the courtroom stuff going on, I thought Fla. gov't had shut down the "designated player-banker" games at poker rooms. From your comment, that seems not to be the case.
Keeperofcards
Keeperofcards
  • Threads: 1
October 28th, 2016 at 10:59:16 AM permalink
to settle the discussion from earlier, all ties push, if you have a pair or better, pair plus pushes, if not, pair plus is taken. If anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot me a message.

• Jump to: