Dalex64
Dalex64
Joined: Feb 10, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1058
March 26th, 2015 at 3:05:11 PM permalink
The Wizard has a page on a game with this name.
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3388
March 26th, 2015 at 3:31:03 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Sounds like something someone who's primary reason for employment is to prey on destructive behavior and problem gamblers would say.



That's really a dumb comment. You don't know me. Ask anyone who does. That's the furthest thing from my reason for employment.

Is someone who smokes a sucker? Kind of a negative expectation activity. How about drinking alcohol? Not much of an upside there. Going out for dinner and a movie and spending $100 and getting no money in return? Sucker? What about the person that spends tons of money on a boat and fishing equipment? What's the monetary return on that? Did the boat salesman prey on the buyer?

99% of gamblers play for entertainment. Whether I'm volunteering with kids or working at my casino, I'm respectful of everyone, give more than I receive and don't look down on people for what they do or what they are.

Everyone has their things they enjoy. Just because you or someone else thinks something is a "sucker" activity doesn't mean it true. In actuality it's short sighted and shallow.


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
sc15
sc15
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 594
March 26th, 2015 at 3:37:10 PM permalink
Yeah.. a lot less than 99% of gaming revenue comes from people playing from entertainment.

Just like the majority of alcohol is purchased by alcoholics, the majority of gaming revenue comes from people with some kind of gambling problem.
Dalex64
Dalex64
Joined: Feb 10, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1058
March 26th, 2015 at 3:52:41 PM permalink
Do you have citations to back up any of those statements?
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3388
March 26th, 2015 at 4:05:03 PM permalink
Quote: sc15

Yeah.. a lot less than 99% of gaming revenue comes from people playing from entertainment.

Just like the majority of alcohol is purchased by alcoholics, the majority of gaming revenue comes from people with some kind of gambling problem.



Is this say stuff I=you have no idea about day today?

Where do you get your information about this from? You're a little closer to being correct on alcohol, but still wrong nonetheless.

It is estimated that about 2% of all gamblers have an addiction. 7.2% of drinkers are considered alcoholics. That makes 98% of gamblers and 92.8% of drinkers are not considered problem participants by the medical profession.

I don't need addicted gamblers playing games at my Pit. If they even mention wanting to stop they are encouraged to follow up with one of our State Inspectors or with professional help.

When I go to other casinos I play lots of different games. I play slots that have anywhere from a 3% to probably a 8% House Edge. I play Three Card Poker with the side bets, Pai Gow with the side bets, Ultimate Texas Holdem with the side bets, Crazy4Poker with the side bets and anything else I see that looks fun. Am I a sucker?


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2002
March 26th, 2015 at 4:06:15 PM permalink
Quote: Zcore13

That's really a dumb comment. You don't know me. Ask anyone who does. That's the furthest thing from my reason for employment.

Is someone who smokes a sucker? Kind of a negative expectation activity. How about drinking alcohol? Not much of an upside there. Going out for dinner and a movie and spending $100 and getting no money in return? Sucker? What about the person that spends tons of money on a boat and fishing equipment? What's the monetary return on that? Did the boat salesman prey on the buyer?



ZCore13



I didn't say that's your motivation for working, but casinos nor your job would exist without problem gamblers. I would say that yes someone who smokes or frequently drinks is a sucker, and that at times the boat salesman likely did prey on buyers. I did not say nor did I imply that you're a bad person. Look at the face of the people in your pit and tell me they're entertained with a straight face. Not many smiles there.

But I do not believe the employment casinos provide is worthwhile. Sometimes they take people who could be contributing to society, and may outside of work, but their employment I believe is a detriment to society.

I do realize that AP doesn't contribute to society, it is strictly consumption.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 1738
March 26th, 2015 at 4:13:56 PM permalink
Even though I agree it's enjoyment for some people.,Some of the things the casino's do just stink of pure greed.For example I was recently playing Mississippi stud. They had the 3 card and the 6card side bets. However in order to play the 6 card bet they forced you to also play the 3 card bet.Most of the players wouldn't dare not play the 6 card and miss out on the million dollar or 100k jackpot. To me that's just being greedy.
Don't teach an alligator how to swim.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2002
March 26th, 2015 at 4:18:28 PM permalink
Quote: Zcore13



It is estimated that about 2% of all gamblers have an addiction.




ZCore13



Who paid for these "studies."

And what % of the total profit would you "estimate" this supposedly only 2% of the gambling population contributes.

You can kind of manipulate the way many statistics are presented to support your point of view. Maybe only 7% of people who drink are alcoholics, but they sure as hell purchase more than 7% of the total alcohol consumed.

My "no clue" estimate would be that 5-10% of recreational gamblers have a problem, about 10% for entertainment, and about 80% really couldn't tell you why they're in the casino in the first place.
sc15
sc15
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 594
March 26th, 2015 at 4:31:41 PM permalink
Quote: Zcore13

Is this say stuff I=you have no idea about day today?

Where do you get your information about this from? You're a little closer to being correct on alcohol, but still wrong nonetheless.

It is estimated that about 2% of all gamblers have an addiction. 7.2% of drinkers are considered alcoholics. That makes 98% of gamblers and 92.8% of drinkers are not considered problem participants by the medical profession.

I don't need addicted gamblers playing games at my Pit. If they even mention wanting to stop they are encouraged to follow up with one of our State Inspectors or with professional help.

When I go to other casinos I play lots of different games. I play slots that have anywhere from a 3% to probably a 8% House Edge. I play Three Card Poker with the side bets, Pai Gow with the side bets, Ultimate Texas Holdem with the side bets, Crazy4Poker with the side bets and anything else I see that looks fun. Am I a sucker?


ZCore13



Yeah ok, a casino throwing out a problem gambler. That's like a hooker turning down a cure for aids.
Zer0
Zer0
Joined: Jan 30, 2014
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 137
March 26th, 2015 at 8:35:11 PM permalink
Woah woah woah calm down people! According to the Wizards page on lunar, with mandatory super bet, the total HE is about 4.9%, that's really not that bad. Better than Carribean stud or roulette, and a HELL of a lot more fun than either. People are so obsessed with being an AP, and maybe a few are really good at card counting at the blackjack table but even then, that doesn't garantuee anything. Lunar is not an AP game but it's got a halfway decent HE and it actually lets you discard and redraw, which, IMO is the fun part!

  • Jump to: