EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 425
  • Posts: 24291
January 26th, 2015 at 11:24:26 PM permalink
Quote: HornHighYo11

I put my first $15 on 5-Red. Was standing and fiddling with my chair to get comfortable and it hit! I learned about "dolly etiquette" the hard way, trying to rake the chips in. .



Trying to rake what chips in. When you win
on the inside, the dealer gives the chips
right to you, there's no 'raking in' to do.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 148
  • Posts: 18652
January 27th, 2015 at 12:03:54 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Trying to rake what chips in. When you win
on the inside, the dealer gives the chips
right to you, there's no 'raking in' to do.

I was wondering the same thing. I assumed he meant he was reaching for them as the dealer was pushing towards him. 99% of people have no clue what a dolly is.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 425
  • Posts: 24291
January 27th, 2015 at 12:11:03 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I was wondering the same thing. I assumed he meant he was reaching for them as the dealer was pushing towards him. .



I assumed he didn't win on the inside.
He bet on red and the outside wins
stay there till the dolly is removed.
I assumed he made it up that he had
money on the actual number.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
Joined: Jan 15, 2015
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 156
January 27th, 2015 at 12:16:05 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I was wondering the same thing. I assumed he meant he was reaching for them as the dealer was pushing towards him. 99% of people have no clue what a dolly is.



I actually Googled it and found a great description on a page by the Wizard about Etiquette.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 148
  • Posts: 18652
January 27th, 2015 at 12:21:37 AM permalink
Quote: BoulderDamIt

I actually Googled it and found a great description on a page by the Wizard about Etiquette.

He talks about refrigerator removal etiquette? ;)

I just assumed anything more than a 45 degree angle was bad.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2112
January 27th, 2015 at 12:35:31 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I assumed he didn't win on the inside.
He bet on red and the outside wins
stay there till the dolly is removed.
I assumed he made it up that he had
money on the actual number.



The only chips he could've possibly raked in were the three $5 chips he had on the actual number. But why try and take those before you've been paid your winnings
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
Joined: Jan 15, 2015
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 156
January 27th, 2015 at 12:35:43 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

He talks about refrigerator removal etiquette? ;)

I just assumed anything more than a 45 degree angle was bad.



Beats the alternative of lifting with your back. That has to be negative EV. ;)

Plus, I think they use straps now instead. Under the fridge, over the forearm.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 148
  • Posts: 18652
January 27th, 2015 at 12:40:53 AM permalink
Quote: BoulderDamIt

Beats the alternative of lifting with your back. That has to be negative EV. ;)

Plus, I think they use straps now instead. Under the fridge, over the forearm.

I'm old fashion, I just slide and rock and walk it back and forth. Then toss it in the back and let the neighborhood toddlers play in it.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
Joined: Jan 15, 2015
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 156
January 27th, 2015 at 12:44:30 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I'm old fashion, I just slide and rock and walk it back and forth. Then toss it in the back and let the neighborhood toddlers play in it.


But only if it has one of those self locking latches that I saw on that very special episode of Punky Brewster.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 148
  • Posts: 18652
January 27th, 2015 at 12:53:30 AM permalink
Quote: BoulderDamIt

I saw on that very special episode of Punky Brewster.

I'm very sorry to hear you were torcherd as a kid and didn't have internet porn. Or was that yesterday you watched it?

Could have been worst and you had to watch vicki the robot girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukSvjqwJixw
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪

  • Jump to: