nvr55xx
nvr55xx
  • Threads: 18
May 14th, 2014 at 4:38:30 PM permalink
I realize that it makes no difference mathematically, but why does the game Let it Ride require you to put up three bets and then "take back" up to two of them? Wouldn't the game be more exciting if players put up one bet and were allowed the option of up to two raises?

When I played Double Attack Blackjack, the game seemed boring after I realized that all I was getting was a sort of "early surrender" in exchange for 1 to 1 BJ and no 10's. Double Attack has a low house edge, but I found it BORING. I wish that there was SOME opportunity for a greater than even money payout (eg 6 card 21, suited BJ, or something).
SkittleCar1
SkittleCar1
  • Threads: 14
May 14th, 2014 at 5:00:38 PM permalink
Quote: nvr55xx

I realize that it makes no difference mathematically, but why does the game Let it Ride require you to put up three bets and then "take back" up to two of them? Wouldn't the game be more exciting if players put up one bet and were allowed the option of up to two raises?

Because then it would be called Mississippi Stud.....kinda. :-)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 14th, 2014 at 5:03:07 PM permalink
Quote: nvr55xx

When I played Double Attack Blackjack, the game seemed boring after I realized that all I was getting was a sort of "early surrender" in exchange for 1 to 1 BJ and no 10's. Double Attack has a low house edge, but I found it BORING. I wish that there was SOME opportunity for a greater than even money payout (eg 6 card 21, suited BJ, or something).

That game is being played now, distributed by Bally/SHFL. It's a backwards LIR format, called Big Raise Stud Poker. I saw it at Venetian in September; not sure where else it's being played.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 14th, 2014 at 5:53:30 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
  • Jump to: