Thread Rating:

Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
December 2nd, 2012 at 3:20:54 PM permalink
Quote: winmonkeyspit3

Scenario Question:

Let's say I'm playing a dime on the BJ hand and a dime on the side bet. I hit the AK suited for the 90 dollar pay day on the side bet. I now add the winnings to my hand, which is a blackjack. Is this 90 dollar side bet winning then paid at 3:2 for a total win of 135 whenever I get the AK suited blackjack?

Yes, it is 3:2 on the parlay with AK suited. If a player wishes to parlay the full winnings to the main blackjack bet, then the whole new amount on the main bet pays 3:2. Pacman can chime in, but that is the documentation and understanding.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
December 3rd, 2012 at 5:28:58 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Yes, that's the most enticing payout. In DJTeddyBear's initial post about House Money he described this exact scenario.

Quite true.

That's EXCATLY what made add the adjective to the thread title:
"House Money - Friggin' FANTASTIC!"
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
December 3rd, 2012 at 11:48:57 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Do they let the dealers physically stack the side bet winnings on top of the main bet? I played at one of the early installs here in WA state, and due to WA state gaming regulations, the main bet CANNOT BE CAPPED, even by the dealer/house. So there are different physical semantics...if you pocket the money, they push it out of the circle, if you want to bet it, they just leave it there and pay it off in another stack along with the main bet. So I'm curious how it works in NV.

Dan or any other dealers/Pacman, still wondering about this aspect of the game in Nevada.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
December 3rd, 2012 at 12:31:50 PM permalink
In Nevada the dealer can only cap the bet if the player has placed a tip for their blackjack bet as well as the House money bet. The dealer will mimic the player i.e. if the player doesn't cap then the dealer will just take the winnings and if the player caps then the dealer will cap also.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
December 3rd, 2012 at 7:50:24 PM permalink
Quote: Switch

In Nevada the dealer can only cap the bet if the player has placed a tip for their blackjack bet as well as the House money bet. The dealer will mimic the player i.e. if the player doesn't cap then the dealer will just take the winnings and if the player caps then the dealer will cap also.

I think you misunderstood, my original question didn't have anything to do with dealer tips - but just about the protocol during the main course of the side bet. The dealers here are prohibited from moving the player's house money bet, and winnings, into the circle for the main bet. So if the player wants to "stack it" it still sits there in the side bet circle until the conclusion of the main hand, and then is either paid or collected accordingly. Pacman said in an earlier thread this was due to a peculiarity in the WA state gaming regs, so I was wondering how it works in NV. Seems like the game has more "pizzazz" when the winnings can be physically "stacked."
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
December 3rd, 2012 at 8:31:36 PM permalink
Dealer operates all aspects of the bet once the round of play goes live, including moving the winnings to press the main bet.
The layout has both the paytable and the advisory on this: "Dealer handles pressing" - however it's paraphrased.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
December 3rd, 2012 at 9:10:56 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

Dealer operates all aspects of the bet once the round of play goes live, including moving the winnings to press the main bet.
The layout has both the paytable and the advisory on this: "Dealer handles pressing" - however it's paraphrased.

Cool - thanks.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
December 4th, 2012 at 4:29:02 PM permalink
Dan, there was a question at Fiesta on the House Money procedure when the player had AK suited and the dealer is showing an Ace. The side bet wins 9-1 instantly, but the night Switch and I were there, the dealer and shift seemed to think that they would not offer the player the opportunity to stack their HM 10 units on the main bet and then make an "Insurance" decision.

I believe they indicated that the bet is paid 9-1 and pushed back to the player. That seemed dead wrong to me, but since it didn't happen while we were there, I didn't attempt to correct the answer they gave.

Seems like the correct answer would be to allow the player to cap their bet with the 10 units from HM side wager win, ask if they want insurance/even money on the entire amount, then have the dealer check for blackjack in the normal manner.

I know Monday was your last day on the job (Congrats and I am happy to say I was able to play several hands of EZ PGP with the inventor dealing the game prior to retirement), but if you are in at Fiesta and can find out if they have that straightened out (or if their way is correct), that would be interesting.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 4th, 2012 at 5:01:43 PM permalink
Gee I asked Pacman this on an earlier thread, but I forget what the answer was. LOL
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 4th, 2012 at 5:07:29 PM permalink
The dealer checks for blackjack before resolving the House Money wagers.

If a player has AK suited and the dealer has blackjack, the player would win 9 to 1 on his HM bet. He cannot insure it and take 9 to 1 and then 1 to 1.

Sorry for the confusion.

--Roger

Once again " Never give a sucker an even break" is the reigning philosophy.

In the future I would suggest Switch remain loyal to the brand and play Free Bet !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet

• Jump to: