boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
September 28th, 2011 at 10:30:17 PM permalink
So, to understand what happened tonight in baseball:

Boston, this year, when leading going into the 9th inning, was 77-0. They've never lost a game when leading going into the 9th. Yet, on the most pivotal night of the year, against one of the worst teams in the AL, Boston blows it.

The Yankees, meanwhile, take a 7-0 lead into the bottom of the 8th. They've never blown a 7 run lead, in 58 years, since 1953. Tampa, who never gives up, scores 6 in the in bottom on the eight and with two out in the ninth, with a 2-2 count, ties the game with a home run. Dan Johnston, who hit .108 this year, ties the game. Then, three innings later, they win. Both games were over within three minutes for Boston to lose and Tampa to win.

Incredible night of baseball. Add the Braves collapse in the 9th, and wow, what a crazy night in baseball.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
waltomeal
waltomeal
  • Threads: 7
September 28th, 2011 at 11:07:07 PM permalink
Agreed - that was quite a night of baseball. ESPN is certainly shedding some tears, with their 2 favorite teams out.
Old enough to repaint. Young enough to sell.
guido111
guido111
  • Threads: 10
September 28th, 2011 at 11:41:25 PM permalink
Bud Selig was questioned about the end of the season boredom for the playoff races a month ago and he was thinking about adding another wild card to the playoff picture to make the end of the season more exciting and meaningful. I wonder if they are still thinking about that.

My 3.5 cents...
Seems to me someone just called Hollywood and wrote a few scripts and had some secret deals made for the historic collapse. Even rain was called in. Nice touch.
Oops... Twice.
This years best teams made it to the MLB playoffs IMO.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
September 29th, 2011 at 12:18:29 AM permalink
Boston and Atlanta: "Epic Fail!"
"What, me worry?"
  • Jump to: