Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 133
Thanks for this post from:
Gaming711
January 15th, 2022 at 12:00:58 PM permalink
Greetings!

WILDCARD WEEK NOTES

1.) We had 24 players indicate an interest in playing and have 24 sets of Picks submitted---which is why I thought that was all of them---but FCBLCommish is playing and wasn't on the list of people who were playing (which wasn't required---his PICKS DO play) and EricGarthwaite was sent a reminder, but thought he was not eligible.

I sent EricGarthwaite a PM stating that he is eligible and can play as long as he can submit his Picks before the first game kicks off.

2.) BillRyan only picked five games (10/12 picks made) so, in the interest of full disclosure, I want to let everyone know I sent him a PM making him aware of that so it can be remedied as long as he sends the missing two picks prior to the first game kicking off.

3.) I will fix any formatting errors at some later time.

4.) EdCollins' automatic scoring system should work for this game as long as he will be kind enough to use it. I will just have to fix the formatting errors and then, after his grader does its work, all I will have to do is convert wins to points.

The only thing his grader might not be able to do is grade the questions in the Super Bowl round, so I can just grade all of those Picks by hand.

5.) In terms of our consensus bet with unclaimed prizes from previous games, unless I made a mistake, the most ATS consensus is both Raiders and Cardinals with fifteen ATS Picks. With that, I personally like the Raiders ATS better, so that's where it's going. I'm sorry if it loses, but this wouldn't even be an issue had all of the prizes from previous contests be claimed...so think of it as, "House Money," anyway. Hopefully that wins and we can run the table and substantially increase the prizes for this game!***

***ADDED---Originally, I would have split the unclaimed funds to match the consensus picks that I counted, but that doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Because we are trying to run the table to the Super Bowl, we actually want the variance. If one split pick were to win and the other were to lose, then we would be going into Divisional Round (where Divisions usually don't play teams within their division---just call it the CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS!!!)---with less than the $30 that we are starting with this week.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 19
Mission146gordonm888
January 15th, 2022 at 12:25:44 PM permalink
This is what I have for the consensus:

(Revised to include the two missing picks.)
Last edited by: EdCollins on Jan 15, 2022
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 19
Mission146JohnnyQ
January 15th, 2022 at 12:28:21 PM permalink
Please check for any errors. Thanks.

I'll update this at the end of each day, rather than just once on Monday night.

Once I enter the spread winner and the over/under winner in the designated sport for each game, formulas will take of the grading and color formatting.

Last edited by: EdCollins on Jan 15, 2022
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 215
EdCollinsMission146
January 15th, 2022 at 12:35:41 PM permalink
KC and the over for the game I was missing.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Mission146
Mission146
January 15th, 2022 at 12:53:11 PM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

This is what I have for the consensus:

(Revised to include the two missing picks.)
link to original post

Three way consensus tie ATS, but 19-5 for Pats/Bills to go under?

The people have spoken and the people say we are officially betting $30 Pats/Bills UNDER.

The line moved from UNDER 44 to UNDER 43 since the lines were posted, so I sold a half point and took UNDER 43.5 at -121. The $30 wager has been placed and we are looking at a potential return of:

(30 * 100/121) + 30 = $54.79 (Which includes the original $30) if this bet is a win.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
January 15th, 2022 at 12:54:32 PM permalink
Get that action on a half point line anyway! The only people who would like ties right now are the Chargers!
Mission146
Mission146
January 15th, 2022 at 1:18:05 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Greetings!

WILDCARD WEEK NOTES

1.) We had 24 players indicate an interest in playing and have 24 sets of Picks submitted---which is why I thought that was all of them---but FCBLCommish is playing and wasn't on the list of people who were playing (which wasn't required---his PICKS DO play) and EricGarthwaite was sent a reminder, but thought he was not eligible.

I sent EricGarthwaite a PM stating that he is eligible and can play as long as he can submit his Picks before the first game kicks off.

2.) BillRyan only picked five games (10/12 picks made) so, in the interest of full disclosure, I want to let everyone know I sent him a PM making him aware of that so it can be remedied as long as he sends the missing two picks prior to the first game kicking off.

3.) I will fix any formatting errors at some later time.

4.) EdCollins' automatic scoring system should work for this game as long as he will be kind enough to use it. I will just have to fix the formatting errors and then, after his grader does its work, all I will have to do is convert wins to points.

The only thing his grader might not be able to do is grade the questions in the Super Bowl round, so I can just grade all of those Picks by hand.

5.) In terms of our consensus bet with unclaimed prizes from previous games, unless I made a mistake, the most ATS consensus is both Raiders and Cardinals with fifteen ATS Picks. With that, I personally like the Raiders ATS better, so that's where it's going. I'm sorry if it loses, but this wouldn't even be an issue had all of the prizes from previous contests be claimed...so think of it as, "House Money," anyway. Hopefully that wins and we can run the table and substantially increase the prizes for this game!***

***ADDED---Originally, I would have split the unclaimed funds to match the consensus picks that I counted, but that doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Because we are trying to run the table to the Super Bowl, we actually want the variance. If one split pick were to win and the other were to lose, then we would be going into Divisional Round (where Divisions usually don't play teams within their division---just call it the CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS!!!)---with less than the $30 that we are starting with this week.
link to original post

UPDATED WILDCARD WEEK NOTES

In the same order:

1.) EricGarthwaite submitted a set of Picks in a timely fashion and this is resolved.

2.) BillRyan added a pick in a timely fashion and this is resolved.

3.) Formatting errors have been fixed.

4.) I believe this is still the case.

5.) Pursuant to the last post, the closest I could get to our consensus was Bills/Pats UNDER...the consensus was 44, but the current line was UNDER 43, so I sold a half point and took UNDER 43.5 at -121.

NEW: 6.) In formatting the Picks, I noticed IndyJeffrey forgot to actually take one side or the other on one of the lines. As long as this is remedied before first kickoff, then it will play...or I might even let him just pick it before the start of that game if no objections. The most it could cost him is one point, so it could be worse.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 54
Mission146
January 15th, 2022 at 1:24:29 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

UPDATED WILDCARD WEEK NOTES

In the same order:

1.) EricGarthwaite submitted a set of Picks in a timely fashion and this is resolved.

2.) BillRyan added a pick in a timely fashion and this is resolved.

3.) Formatting errors have been fixed.

4.) I believe this is still the case.

5.) Pursuant to the last post, the closest I could get to our consensus was Bills/Pats UNDER...the consensus was 44, but the current line was UNDER 43, so I sold a half point and took UNDER 43.5 at -121.

NEW: 6.) In formatting the Picks, I noticed IndyJeffrey forgot to actually take one side or the other on one of the lines. As long as this is remedied before first kickoff, then it will play...or I might even let him just pick it before the start of that game if no objections. The most it could cost him is one point, so it could be worse.
link to original post

Thinks for running this with an inclusive frame of mind. Its more fun when everyone plays.

Having Mission run a contest and Ed Collins tracking and summarizing what is going on is like having Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill on the same team - or Aaron Rodgers and Devante Adams on the same team. Thanks guys!
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
PlayYourCardsRight
PlayYourCardsRight
  • Threads: 8
Mission146
January 15th, 2022 at 4:53:33 PM permalink
Well, I'm off to a perfect start! Doht!

• Jump to: