No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
4 votes (28.57%)

14 members have voted

Joeman
Joeman 
  • Threads: 35
March 26th, 2021 at 5:53:32 AM permalink
BTW, I voted the 'Bigot' option because I'm taking the field. Go, Orange!

After WKU's Big Red, Otto the Orange may be my favorite college mascot. (Followed closely by the Stanford Tree -- though I hear he's not 'official'.)
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
March 26th, 2021 at 6:52:36 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

BTW, I voted the 'Bigot' option because I'm taking the field. Go, Orange!

After WKU's Big Red, Otto the Orange may be my favorite college mascot. (Followed closely by the Stanford Tree -- though I hear he's not 'official'.)

Big Red and Otto are great mascots. I also like Brutus the Buckeye just because he is a seed and a mascot. Do you remember the big fight between the Stanford Tree and the Cal mascot. It was classic.
Order from chaos
Joeman
Joeman 
  • Threads: 35
March 26th, 2021 at 7:33:45 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Do you remember the big fight between the Stanford Tree and the Cal mascot. It was classic.

No, (just googled it, though -- pretty hilarious) but I do remember the Hokie Bird beating up Sebastian the Ibis!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
daveyandersen1
daveyandersen1
  • Threads: 0
March 26th, 2021 at 6:14:32 PM permalink
The sum of the seeds in the sweet 16 is the biggest in history??THAT is a cool fact..It kind of tells you that the So called experts aren't any more knowlegable than most of us...Thats why when I make my picks I NEVER heed the advice of these overcompensated Bums,,,
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
March 26th, 2021 at 6:40:53 PM permalink
Quote: daveyandersen1

The sum of the seeds in the sweet 16 is the biggest in history??THAT is a cool fact..It kind of tells you that the So called experts aren't any more knowlegable than most of us...Thats why when I make my picks I NEVER heed the advice of these overcompensated Bums,,,

Since it’s a comparison of “so called experts” on this year vs other years, all it can really tell you is that the “so called experts” seem to have done worse this year than they did in previous years.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
DRich
DRich
March 26th, 2021 at 8:24:35 PM permalink
Quote: daveyandersen1

The experts only need to be 5% better than average to make money. Of course with that slim margin they are not going to win every time.
Order from chaos
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
March 28th, 2021 at 2:36:40 PM permalink
Big game tonight
MD vs TX
ESPN
9pm est 6pm pst
Go Terps
High scoring team averaging over 90 a game
Motto
All gas, no brakes
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
DRich
DRich
March 28th, 2021 at 4:30:15 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Big game tonight
MD vs TX
ESPN
9pm est 6pm pst
Go Terps
High scoring team averaging over 90 a game
Motto
All gas, no brakes

I just can't sit through a women's game. I will check the scores at the end of the night but watching it is painful. The only women's sports I actually watch are tennis and volleyball.
Order from chaos
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
March 28th, 2021 at 4:48:25 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I just can't sit through a women's game. I will check the scores at the end of the night but watching it is painful. The only women's sports I actually watch are tennis and volleyball.

The Mens game is faster and much more athletic
on the flip side, too much standing around on offence while a one on one matchup is going on
No doubt a slower and less athletic game on the Womens side
their flip is a more beautiful game with passing
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 214
March 28th, 2021 at 9:04:11 PM permalink
Well it is pretty clear who the best college basketball conference was this year. The Pac-12, considered a weaker conference this year by most, put 4 teams into the sweet 16 and 3 of them have advanced to the elite 8. The only one that didn't advance was Oregon, which lost to another Pac-10 team, USC, so only 1 of those 2 could have advanced.

Meanwhile, a lot of so called experts thought the Big-10 was the best conference, and although Michigan has advanced to the elite 8, the conference as a whole didn't do very well at all.

• Jump to: