FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 215
July 23rd, 2017 at 2:26:27 AM permalink
We are all friends here so please stay away from bridges for us.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 89
July 23rd, 2017 at 3:50:32 AM permalink
in this video at 1:40 arrogate lengthens his stride and picks off one horse. at 1:58 he shortens his stride showing fatigue. that's never happened with him before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMjKEETJLQc
"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 134
July 23rd, 2017 at 11:10:25 AM permalink
What were the supposed odds of him not winning before the race 29/20, 39/40? It was funny the one time I thought maybe such a bet might be good at any price. I didn't play just entertained the idea. Now if a theoretical billionaire decided to place a billion dollar bet, the odds change because the jockeys know if they win, place or show, and arrogate doesn't, it's a lot of money for someone else. Enough to make cheating and ending a career the right play.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
July 23rd, 2017 at 3:04:38 PM permalink
before the race the track media was calling arrogate "the greatest horse in the world." and he was. is he still? i don't think so. not unless they can find a real reason that his happened and correct it. secretariat once lost a race and they found out afterwards they he had an abscessed tooth.
"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 134
July 23rd, 2017 at 7:03:35 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

before the race the track media was calling arrogate "the greatest horse in the world." and he was. is he still? i don't think so. not unless they can find a real reason that his happened and correct it. secretariat once lost a race and they found out afterwards they he had an abscessed tooth.

It is a shocker I didn't expect. I believed the hype, because he broke the track record at the Travers, won the Pegasus, and was just a he-man in Dubai after a horrible start. They say to put a line through that race, I tend to believe it all other things considered. Might prepare for a large win bet in the Breeders cup hoping others will jump ship and he'll kick tail.

It was a handicap race, maybe the extra weight was a problem. No? Was a bad start, the second race in a row, which isn't good. The 2 horse in this race with the rider losing his irons, may have been a factor. Mike Smith speculated it may have spooked him, certainly seemed to affect the race from my perspective, seeing danger. I'm not sure the horse understood it or was affected by it. The rider may have been hogging the path he wanted to take on the outside, ill have to look again.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
July 24th, 2017 at 3:02:26 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

The 2 horse in this race with the rider losing his irons, may have been a factor. Mike Smith speculated it may have spooked him,

if mike smith actually did say that it's a totally lame excuse. you can't trust what jockeys or trainers say about their horses. they have hidden agendas.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 63
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
July 24th, 2017 at 6:43:02 AM permalink
I'm not much of horse racing fan, but seeing a horse pay $119 for placing is amazing.
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 54
July 28th, 2017 at 10:57:44 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I'm not much of horse racing fan, but seeing a horse pay $119 for placing is amazing.

Especially in a five horse race....
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 215
July 28th, 2017 at 11:24:19 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Yes. Amazing to read about and amazing if you happen to have bet on it, but what I would want to know is "Is it suspicious?"
And how did the exacta do.... all that money on the Bridgejumper must have skewed the exacta wagering too.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
July 29th, 2017 at 1:33:07 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Yes. Amazing to read about and amazing if you happen to have bet on it, but what I would want to know is "Is it suspicious?"
And how did the exacta do.... all that money on the Bridgejumper must have skewed the exacta wagering too.

very, very doubtful the race was fixed if that is what you are asking. the trainer and jockey are multi millionaires and are not in need of picking up shady money. that sometimes will happen at very small tracks with very small purses where the winner is not paid big and they can make much more than the purse would pay with a bet. the exacta paid 97/1, not really huge. the main skewing was caused by gamblers betting place and show figuring arrogate was a lock. the crazy thing is the apparent ignorance of so many gamblers. win, place and show would have all payed back the same amount - $2.10 for a $2.00 bet or 5% profit for arrogate. so there was no reason to bet win or place. all those who bet win or place on Arrogate accepted more risk for no increased return. absolutely crazy. it's possible that some of the horses were given illegal drugs which is widespread in racing but that is a very different thing than fixing a race. the bottom line is that there is no such thing as a lock in gambling. to bet on a lock you need to find somebody who will let you bet on whether or not it will get dark tonight.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jul 29, 2017

• Jump to: