• Threads: 18
  • Posts: 40
Joined: Oct 13, 2014
December 15th, 2015 at 9:00:36 AM permalink
I'm thinking of a staking strategy and don't know if it has a name. Maybe it doesn't and I just made it up, but regardless it's worth having a discussion about. A handicapper can hit 55% winning percentage over the long run and starts with $1000. Regardless of how many bets he makes per day, he stakes the whole bankroll, but splits the $1000 evenly through all bets. For example, he bets 6 bets on his first day, so each bet would be $166 (1000/6=166.67). He goes 3-3. Staking 166 wins 151 at -110 odds. So he would be $-45 after day 1. So now he is left with $955 to bet with on day 2. He would then take however many bets he is going to make and split them evenly using $955. It's kind of like proportional betting or kelly betting, but you're just making your staking percentages very high. Does this type of system have a name? Would it be profitable at 55%?
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 6526
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
December 15th, 2015 at 9:41:19 AM permalink
That's not really a system, it's just betting your whole bankroll. Whether it's profitable at 55% win rate depends on the vigorish. If you're betting 110 to win 100 55% of the time and losing the 110 the other 45% of the time, you have a 5% edge. That assumes no ties or any other outcomes.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
December 15th, 2015 at 10:06:58 AM permalink
More interested in how the handicapper can hit 55% constantly.
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
December 15th, 2015 at 12:41:02 PM permalink
well if they are guaranteed to hit 55% every day then they should mortgage their house and get as much money together as possible if they are all -110 or better.

Why would someone risk their entire bankroll in 1 day? What about when they go 0-6 or 1-5. Sure there will be days when they are 6-0 but those bad days wipe you out.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
  • Jump to: