hailtotheskins
hailtotheskins
  • Threads: 11
October 6th, 2015 at 8:50:29 PM permalink
Anybody got any upset specials there really feeling for college football this weekend?
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
October 6th, 2015 at 10:40:38 PM permalink
Quote: hailtotheskins

Anybody got any upset specials there really feeling for college football this weekend?

I just have a "gut" feeling the Missouri Tigers will beat the Florida Gators. Getting 5 1/2 at home, having been the east champions two years in a row, and the quarterback issue not being serious(the 2nd string guy is just as good as the starter) along with a great coach, I just think Missouri is the pick. This is the first real road test for a new Florida coach who seems a little erratic to me whose luck may have run out. His players were/are smoking dope and coming to practice without ankles taped? It's a clear set up game for the bookies as well as the line has moved up to 5 1/2 luring in all the public money I guess? It is also rumored(but I don't know it to be fact) there was a hotel issue for Florida due to the time change. Guys are going to have to share rooms, three to a room? Doesn't seem possible but three to a room is more than two.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 6th, 2015 at 11:23:56 PM permalink
Agree with above, but haven't done that level of analysis. However, I think you should bet on all Florida teams doing less well than pre-season expectations, wherever that falls (not beating spreads, upsets, whatever). Energy is low and moods range from gloomy to apathetic. I think we're going to have a state-wide off year. JMHO.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
October 7th, 2015 at 9:48:43 AM permalink
Quote: NokTang

I just have a "gut" feeling the Missouri Tigers will beat the Florida Gators.

I hope you're right. But Florida also crushed Ole Miss at home last week. And Mizzou looked terrible until last week too. Fortunately Pinkel caught Mauk screwing around; he was bringing the whole team down. Also it's "Homecoming" at Mizzou if that means anything.

I personally wouldn't bet +5.5.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
October 7th, 2015 at 11:24:17 AM permalink
I'm betting Illinois +11 against Iowa. Iowa is due for a let down after big road win against Wisconsin. Iowa's offense is mediocre at best so getting double digit points looks appealing.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
NokTang
NokTang
October 7th, 2015 at 8:44:11 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

I hope you're right. But Florida also crushed Ole Miss at home last week. And Mizzou looked terrible until last week too. Fortunately Pinkel caught Mauk screwing around; he was bringing the whole team down. Also it's "Homecoming" at Mizzou if that means anything.

I personally wouldn't bet +5.5.

I read something yesterday about it being the first night game in a long time, at home, for Mizzou. As you know, turnovers make a big difference in both college and NFL football. You can't predict turnovers which is why I guess picking winners isn't so easy. The hotel issue apparently involves the change to a night game, but that still seems strange to me considering the money involved. I suppose if it were me, and I had a reservation for Saturday night, I wouldn't care about the needs of the visiting team needing late check out etc.. Just another wrinkle for those of us who sometimes dissect games far too much.
NokTang
NokTang
October 7th, 2015 at 8:45:54 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I'm betting Illinois +11 against Iowa. Iowa is due for a let down after big road win against Wisconsin. Iowa's offense is mediocre at best so getting double digit points looks appealing.

There was a story about Illinois and the win total, prior to the season, being bet "over" very big. So, I think that means the professionals are on your side. Good luck.
NokTang
NokTang
October 10th, 2015 at 8:58:07 PM permalink

I read something yesterday about it being the first night game in a long time, at home, for Mizzou. As you know, turnovers make a big difference in both college and NFL football. You can't predict turnovers which is why I guess picking winners isn't so easy. The hotel issue apparently involves the change to a night game, but that still seems strange to me considering the money involved. I suppose if it were me, and I had a reservation for Saturday night, I wouldn't care about the needs of the visiting team needing late check out etc.. Just another wrinkle for those of us who sometimes dissect games far too much.

My information and predictions obviously aren't worth a darn thing. Time to get back in my shell.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
October 10th, 2015 at 11:33:34 PM permalink

My information and predictions obviously aren't worth a darn thing. Time to get back in my shell.

Yep, Mizzou looking like Mizzou when I went to school there. Joeman probably enjoyed the game...lol
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
October 11th, 2015 at 12:21:44 AM permalink
Ughhhhhh

I saw the +600 on WSU over Oregon and laughed it off, that was the line at TR properties this morning. However, the thought of all those ducks fans crying themselves to sleep tonight is so nice. It's so nice to see those arrogant a-holes put in their place.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
  • Jump to: