4 votes (16%)
2 votes (8%)
10 votes (40%)

25 members have voted

Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
November 10th, 2013 at 6:53:04 PM permalink
When you place sports bets for others do you need to give any of your own info?

Also do you need to hold onto or claim the ticket afterwards or can you just give the ticket to the person right after it is printed out.

I felt bad when people like the Wizard were getting limited on how many bets they could place on certain games and parlay cards.

Well hope it works out with your guys' sports bets.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
November 10th, 2013 at 7:27:43 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Very few "professional " gamblers can be trusted with money.

Professional gamblers are the most honorable people on the planet. But beware of imposters. Just because someone says he is a professional gambler doesn't mean he IS one. There are a lot of cheap imitations out there. I didn't even get back ten cents on the dollar loaning money to those yahoos.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1344
November 10th, 2013 at 7:38:16 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

Professional gamblers are the most honorable people on the planet. But beware of imposters. Just because someone says he is a professional gambler doesn't mean he IS one. There are a lot of cheap imitations out there. I didn't even get back ten cents on the dollar loaning money to those yahoos.

I'm one to say that for every ten people who claim to be professional gamblers, only one really is, at best. It can take a while sometimes to tell what some people are. I've met quite a few people who knew a lot about advantage play, but were also compulsive gamblers, and would waste money on negative bets if no positive ones were to be found. These types, I agree, are generally not very trustworthy.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
November 10th, 2013 at 7:42:27 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
November 10th, 2013 at 8:28:12 PM permalink
deleted
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 10th, 2013 at 8:34:27 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I did have Panthers money line at +230. I also have two 6-team parlays that hinge on Dallas +6.5 on tonight's game. If that hits I'll still have a very good day.

Not looking so good there...

Wiz, I feel like someone's asked this question in the past, but how big a part of your income is sports betting? Is it just a little something on the side or a big component? Obviously if you prefer not to answer I understand.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
LarryS
LarryS
November 10th, 2013 at 8:40:23 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

gamblers do not belong to a "profession" There are no overseers of codes of conduct or ethics. There is no "board of professional gamblers" allowing people in or booting people out
There is no licesensing requirements. A crack addict can call himself a "professional gambler". A mass murderer on death row can claim he is a "professional gambler". This idea that "real professional gamblers" are this or that is a slippery slope that people cant defend.

real professional gamblers are honorable? Heck John Patrick claims to be a "professional gambler"..and he tells stories all the time of how e cheated people throughout his life. He is not issued a certificate proving he is a professional gambler. All he has to do is delcare it to be so.

there is this romantic vision people have of "professional gamblers" the way they want to think they exisit.

And if a low life living in a crack den claims to be a "professional gambler" there are those who will contend that he isnt a "real" professional gambler

well lets face it, there are no gudelines, no agencies monitoring this....anyone can confidently claim to be a "professional gambler"

Dont tell me the proof that someone is a "professional" is that they make a profit or an income from gambling> Really? You mean if I was a CPA(certified public accountant). and I opened up my own business, and for whatever reason, the business failed......I am no longer a professional CPA? dOES THE LICENSING BOARD REVOKE MY CREDENTIALS?

even professional atheletes, who dont even have to graduate high school, can claim to be professional..because there are standards that they have to meet in order to keep being employed. If they want to be a member of good standing in that elite group..then they have to beahve and produce up to standards.

there are absolutely no standards for "professional gamblers"...I call theM full time gamblers or non recreational gamblers..since there is nothing even remotely close to a profession governing their behaviors
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
November 10th, 2013 at 8:45:22 PM permalink
deleted
LarryS
LarryS
November 10th, 2013 at 8:59:51 PM permalink
well then a person who bags groceries at walmart can call m himself a "professional grocery bagger" and the 17 year old that babysits your child can call herself a "professional baby sitter"
In that case everyone in the world is a "professional". People on unemplyoment getting paid for not working are thereby "professional job seekers".

the thing about "professionals" is that there are minimum standards that people have to meet in order to be deemed a member of that "profession"

there are no such verifiable standards that have been met by your professioanal baby sitter, your professional grocery bagger, or your professional gambler. They are just people who make a proclamation that they are "professionals".

I hope one day you have a daughter come upto you and says "hey dad, I am bringing home my boyfriend, it is getting serious and he may be "the one"....HE IS A PROFESSIONAL.....no not a doctor, lawyer,cpa,fireman....oh no he is a professional......security guard at walmart, a professional gambler, a professional parking garage attendent.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
November 11th, 2013 at 1:55:17 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Who needs to have a governing agency over them to be a professional?

I Totally agree, if one gambles for a living, they are a professional gambler. No certificate or governing agency is required

• Jump to: