Poll

1 vote (4%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4%)
1 vote (4%)
3 votes (12%)
2 votes (8%)
1 vote (4%)
4 votes (16%)
2 votes (8%)
10 votes (40%)

25 members have voted

tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6263
October 27th, 2013 at 9:56:21 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I have Jags money line today (10/27) at +1,000. As a 15.5-point underdog, I put it fair at +771. Wish me positive variance. I'll need 1.2 standard deviations of it.



Do poorer weather conditions lead to more upsets? I was always under the impression they do, but I have nothing to back that up. But if so...this should help. Good luck!

Tonight:
Rain and wind. Low around 55F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a half an inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
October 27th, 2013 at 10:33:11 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Never say anything is due when it comes to gambling, unless you're trying to make me angry.



Oops. Deleting immediately. Saw the flames roar on either side of the mighty image.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Perdition
Perdition
Joined: Sep 3, 2013
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 610
October 27th, 2013 at 10:47:21 AM permalink
I hope we get another round of Parlay Card Adventures.

I wonder what the line is on the Jags or the Bucs winning first.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1344
  • Posts: 22250
November 10th, 2013 at 1:21:02 PM permalink
In case anyone is wondering, I did NOT have Jaguars money line today (Nov 10). They were a 12.5-point underdog against the Titans. I put the money line fair at +519. Some places on the Strip had them at +550, but the three casinos by my house (Red Rock, Suncoast, and Rampart) all them them at +500. It wasn't worth making a trip to the Strip for a thin edge.

To add to the pain, I also didn't have the Rams, who were a 9-point underdog. I drove all the way to the Red Rock this morning to get them at +375, but in the 15 minutes it took to drive there the line moved to the point it wasn't a good bet any longer. Some other sharp bettor obviously popped it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
Joined: Jul 14, 2013
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 413
November 10th, 2013 at 1:29:49 PM permalink
A Rams + Jaguar money line parlay would return $2,500+ for a $100 wager.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
November 10th, 2013 at 2:13:41 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

In case anyone is wondering, I did NOT have Jaguars money line today (Nov 10). They were a 12.5-point underdog against the Titans. I put the money line fair at +519. Some places on the Strip had them at +550, but the three casinos by my house (Red Rock, Suncoast, and Rampart) all them them at +500. It wasn't worth making a trip to the Strip for a thin edge.

To add to the pain, I also didn't have the Rams, who were a 9-point underdog. I drove all the way to the Red Rock this morning to get them at +375, but in the 15 minutes it took to drive there the line moved to the point it wasn't a good bet any longer. Some other sharp bettor obviously popped it.



Damn. Very sorry to hear you didn't get the bets down. Things looked to be running your way today.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
November 10th, 2013 at 2:16:23 PM permalink
Damn, Wiz. Makes me wonder if Acesofspades is the only name of a voodoo doll on EvenBob's sacrificial altar ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
NokTang
NokTang
Joined: Aug 15, 2011
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 1314
November 10th, 2013 at 3:52:17 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

In case anyone is wondering, I did NOT have Jaguars money line today (Nov 10). They were a 12.5-point underdog against the Titans. I put the money line fair at +519. Some places on the Strip had them at +550, but the three casinos by my house (Red Rock, Suncoast, and Rampart) all them them at +500. It wasn't worth making a trip to the Strip for a thin edge.



$31.usd is a "thin edge"? Aren't there unemployed people in Las Vegas who would make such a run for you for perhaps $10.usd? I guess finding someone you can trust etc. would be difficult......but to many, that's no "thin edge", it's a meal and a room. I also just read a story about betting by phone(an application of some sort) if you live in Nevada. Check with South Point and Jimmy Vaccaro.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1344
  • Posts: 22250
November 10th, 2013 at 5:21:06 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Damn. Very sorry to hear you didn't get the bets down. Things looked to be running your way today.



I did have Panthers money line at +230. I also have two 6-team parlays that hinge on Dallas +6.5 on tonight's game. If that hits I'll still have a very good day.

Quote: NokTang

Aren't there unemployed people in Las Vegas who would make such a run for you for perhaps $10.usd? I guess finding someone you can trust etc. would be difficult......but to many, that's no "thin edge", it's a meal and a room. I also just read a story about betting by phone(an application of some sort) if you live in Nevada. Check with South Point and Jimmy Vaccaro.



Once I gave a so-called friend some money to bet for me, and he blew it on his own gambling. Eventually he paid me back, but it caused a lot of sore feelings.

I should write about this in-depth sometime, but I've lost a lot of money trusting other professional gamblers. If I had it all to do over again I would be a lot less trusting of other people, sad to say.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
November 10th, 2013 at 5:50:29 PM permalink
My sister-in-law used to trust her husband Murray, a degenerate gambler, to take the money and pay the landlord. Josie's Mom & Dad then would make up the rent money. Very few "professional " gamblers can be trusted with money.

Forget all them bullshit movies with a working stiff owing a bookie 6 figures. Does not happen. A bookie could not buy his wife a Cadillac with some guys broken leg. Not only did bettors have strict limits with bookies, that same thing was true among bookies.

Once Henry wanted to bet several hundred on a night baseball game. He called Julius but the Lord refused to take the bet.

WHY ? Because the Lord owed Henry 10K + That was their cut number 10K. PERIOD. The Lord would set a precedent if he took that bet. Henry had to collect. Actually Henry sent me to the Oasis Club. The Lord was sharp. When I showed up, He called Henry at the poolroom, then had me talk to Henry ??? WTF ?

I said, Hi Henry I'm here. Then Julius took back the phone and asked Henry if he wanted him to give the money to the guy he had just talked to on the phone> Talk about sharp. Anyway I drove straight back to the poolroom and was glad to get rid of that envelope.

That was 2 years salary for a butcher in Meat Cutter's Union. I know. I was worked as grocery clerk making 67.50 a week and butchers pulled down $100 a week. Now if store even has a real butcher, the head cashier makes more than him. Anyway Julius
was impressed that Henry sent me and I later collected for the Lord.

But give a gambler money to place a bet for you ? Good way to lose a friend.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet

  • Jump to: