Poll

1 vote (4%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4%)
1 vote (4%)
3 votes (12%)
2 votes (8%)
1 vote (4%)
4 votes (16%)
2 votes (8%)
10 votes (40%)

25 members have voted

Keyser
Keyser
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2044
October 10th, 2013 at 11:35:35 AM permalink
I read somewhere that the Jaguars score around seven points per game. However, in the game against Denver I believe that they will score more than usual. The Jaguars will probably score something closer to 21 points, and of course, lose. The reason I believe that they will score more points than usual is because they will be taking larger risks in an attempt to keep up with the Broncos.

In the end the score will be Denver 42, Jaguars 21.
Manning will be injured and leave the game. He will be out for several games. This will enable the Cheifs to beat the Broncos and win the division. The Cheifs then go on to win the Super Bowl.
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
October 10th, 2013 at 11:43:28 AM permalink
1. cheif
to smoke or inhale a drug more than likely marijuana

The Cheifs then go on to win the Super Bowl.

A Freudian slip ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
LarryS
LarryS
Joined: Feb 26, 2011
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 1410
October 10th, 2013 at 1:35:01 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

I read somewhere that the Jaguars score around seven points per game. However, in the game against Denver I believe that they will score more than usual. The Jaguars will probably score something closer to 21 points, and of course, lose. The reason I believe that they will score more points than usual is because they will be taking larger risks in an attempt to keep up with the Broncos.

In the end the score will be Denver 42, Jaguars 21.
Manning will be injured and leave the game. He will be out for several games. This will enable the Cheifs to beat the Broncos and win the division. The Cheifs then go on to win the Super Bowl.




that is actually a good point for people loking at the cover.
teams that know they are going nowhere tend to play by different rules than the better team that has something to lose by a bad decision.

for example....4th and 2 AT MIDFIELD......usually an easy kickoff decision for a team that has something to lose. But for a team that has nothing to lose...what the heck..go for it and maybe eventually get 3 or 7.
Keyser
Keyser
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2044
October 10th, 2013 at 3:53:25 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

The Cheifs then go on to win the Super Bowl.

A Freudian slip ?



5-0 Isn't a Freudian slip. :)
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
October 10th, 2013 at 4:02:43 PM permalink
5 Games a season does not make !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Keyser
Keyser
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2044
October 10th, 2013 at 4:06:28 PM permalink
Right now, they're undefeated, and probably ranked as being about the seventh most likely team to make it to the Super Bowl. I feel that they have a good chance.
steeldco
steeldco
Joined: Nov 30, 2011
  • Threads: 52
  • Posts: 4914
October 10th, 2013 at 4:11:00 PM permalink
Quote: LarryS

that is actually a good point for people loking at the cover.
teams that know they are going nowhere tend to play by different rules than the better team that has something to lose by a bad decision.

for example....4th and 2 AT MIDFIELD......usually an easy kickoff decision for a team that has something to lose. But for a team that has nothing to lose...what the heck..go for it and maybe eventually get 3 or 7.



What you stated above is exactly what leads to huge blowouts. Teams that feel so inferior that they feel that they have to play by a different set of rules in to win. After all, teams do what they do because it allows for the best chance to win. The teams that stray because they feel that it is hopeless otherwise, they get smashed. Can the Jags cover? Sure. I think they lose by 35.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1344
  • Posts: 22250
October 10th, 2013 at 4:48:31 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

I read somewhere that the Jaguars score around seven points per game. However, in the game against Denver I believe that they will score more than usual. The Jaguars will probably score something closer to 21 points, and of course, lose. The reason I believe that they will score more points than usual is because they will be taking larger risks in an attempt to keep up with the Broncos.



I think the Jaguars will need variance in their total points, and Denver will avoid variance. Thus I would expect the Jags to make more chances, like going for it on 4th and short, while Denver will favor punting. This won't necessarily lead to more expected points by the Jags, in fact it will probably mean less, but the probability of winning should go up marginally.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
October 10th, 2013 at 7:13:53 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I think the Jaguars will need variance in their total points, and Denver will avoid variance. Thus I would expect the Jags to make more chances, like going for it on 4th and short, while Denver will favor punting. This won't necessarily lead to more expected points by the Jags, in fact it will probably mean less, but the probability of winning should go up marginally.



I think the key will be just when Mannings goes to the sidelines. Why risk injury ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2112
October 10th, 2013 at 9:17:27 PM permalink
Saw an interesting nugget about this game on the twitter feed of a guy who runs a book in Vegas.


If the teams were to switch quarterbacks before the game, denver would still be an 11 point favorite.

I thought about this a bit, and decided I'd put everything I own on manning and the jaguars + the 11.

Of course I think this hypothetical assumes each Qb would have a workable knowledge of the play book

  • Jump to: