treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
May 13th, 2013 at 1:15:42 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

I grew up a few blocks from Pimlico race track. Even parked cards for $10 a pop on Roger's Avenue on people front lawns. Boy, were they pissed when they got home.

Orb will be less than even for the Preakness. I knew ORB was special when SHUG entered him. He is not a trainer who enters the Derby to show the owners they have a Derby horse.

Yeah, your right. Shug is patient with young horses. Orb is the real deal and can get the distance at the Belmont. Easy Goer was Shug's last serious TC colt. Horse racing has a way of disappointing the most people in shortest amount of time......this year will probably be no different that is why I'd lay 240 against Orb for a crispy.
Each day is better than the next
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
May 16th, 2013 at 2:22:47 PM permalink
Would love to see TC winner but I'm going to bet against Orb. I'm playing Will Take Charge at long odds. He was rallying with Orb at the top of lane and was checked when Verrazano bore out. Will Take Charge worst race was on an off track at Oaklawn, so I was mildly surprised by his run on the off track in Derby. I'm not saying that Will Take Charge is a faster horse than Orb but if Orb doesn't get his trip.......well.....why not?
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
May 18th, 2013 at 5:44:13 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Yeah, my guess would be 6-5 or even money in Preakness, and 3-5, 4-5 in Belmont.

oops, simple axiom....horse racing will disappoint the most people in the shortest time possible. Lucas's bomb in previous could have been a tip off. Orb didn't like inside/outside pressure....backed out. Buzzard may have lost show bet but may have won the 240 lay against Orb winning TC.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
May 18th, 2013 at 7:06:44 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

oops, simple axiom....horse racing will disappoint the most people in the shortest time possible. Lucas's bomb in previous could have been a tip off. Orb didn't like inside/outside pressure....backed out. Buzzard may have lost show bet but may have won the 240 lay against Orb winning TC.

I'm kinda confused. You think my post was bad because Orb went off at 3-5 instead of even money? Whatever ttb
ten2win
ten2win
  • Threads: 20
June 8th, 2013 at 3:35:26 PM permalink
Almost Post Time for The Belmont Stakes.

Orb at 2-1 the favorite.
I don't know everything but I know a lot.
ten2win
ten2win
  • Threads: 20
June 8th, 2013 at 3:47:31 PM permalink
Palace Malace by 3 lengths. What speed.

Orb 3rd by 5. Too late of a drive.
I don't know everything but I know a lot.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy 
  • Threads: 95
June 8th, 2013 at 5:43:01 PM permalink
Quote: ten2win

Palace Malace by 3 lengths. What speed.

After his Derby run, Palace Malace was the last horse I would have picked to win the Belmont.

Time to ask the question: if PM didn't have blinkers on Derby Day, could he have won the Triple Crown?

• Jump to: