1 vote (5.55%)
2 votes (11.11%)

18 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1493
March 14th, 2022 at 5:57:36 PM permalink
Our next look at an AP opportunity in slots is Regal Riches. The gist of this one is every time the player gets a wild symbol on a paid spin, then not only does it serve as a wild symbol for that spin, but it gets banked for a future time. There are four different banks of wilds, according to the color of the wild -- blue, green, purple, and yellow.

The bank of blue wilds triggers at random on an initial spin. It usually hits when there 8 to 12 wilds in the blue bank. This feature happens a lot, about every 20 spins.

The other color banks trigger when you get a free spin bonus. For example, let's say you trigger a bonus with 50 free spins. Free spins bonuses are 10 spins. Over those ten spins, you will get 50 wilds. How they are distributed across the ten free spins seems largely random.

I think there is not much long-term value in chasing games with more than so-many blue wilds banked. Rather, if the yellow, purple and green banks get above a certain point, or perhaps two are close to these individual break-even points, then the game becomes +EV.

In an effort to gather data to help find these yellow, purple, and green breakeven points, I recorded over half an hour of play and uploaded it to this video.

Direct link: https://youtu.be/bkXz8xSBTeo

The question for the poll is how many green wilds would you need to see before playing?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
DogHand
DogHand
  • Threads: 2
March 14th, 2022 at 8:39:36 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

<snip>The other color banks trigger when you get a free spin bonus. For example, let's say you trigger a bonus with 50 free spins. Free spins bonuses are 10 spins. Over those ten spins, you will get 50 wilds. How they are distributed across the ten free spins seems largely random.
<snip>link to original post

Wizard,

I have played this game numerous times. My experience is that the 10th spin in the bonus round is almost always very lucrative, because the machine seems to "save up" the Wilds so that the final spin has a more-than-average number of them.

Another version of this game with a Chinese theme is called "Prosperity Pearl": other than the symbols, the two games are identical.

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
March 14th, 2022 at 9:12:29 PM permalink
Quote: DogHand

Another version of this game with a Chinese theme is called "Prosperity Pearl": other than the symbols, the two games are identical.
link to original post

I've also heard Scarabs and Diamond Mania are skins of Regal Riches. Can anyone confirm or deny?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
March 14th, 2022 at 9:29:25 PM permalink

link to original post

I've also heard Scarabs and Diamond Mania are skins of Regal Riches. Can anyone confirm or deny?
link to original post

I'm familiar with Scarab and from the description you give it's not the same.

Scarab is more like Golden Jungle Grand with a ten spin cycle. Only wilds appear on the screen in various positions instead of being saved up as GB. On the tenth spin, the Scarabs turn wild but not entire reels.

If anything I would call Golden Jungle Grand a cross between Golden Egypt and Scarab.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
March 15th, 2022 at 12:06:02 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Diamond mania is another skin of scarabs but neither game has any similarities to regal/prosperity pearl.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
  • Threads: 11
March 15th, 2022 at 9:57:06 AM permalink
Wiz I must disagree. There is a lot of value chasing blue wilds. 8 seems to be the minimum entry point at my main shop. However, frequently find 9&10’s. Highest I’ve ever caught was a 16.

The wild spin triggers quicker the higher the count. You will rarely spin more than a few times if you catch a machine at 10+ blue wilds.

Of course you still need to catch a good symbol and screen with the wilds. It can definitely line up poorly at times.
Son you ain’t paying attention I’m cutting you but you ain’t bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
  • Threads: 11
March 15th, 2022 at 9:58:36 AM permalink
As far as the green wilds - 85 entry
Son you ain’t paying attention I’m cutting you but you ain’t bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 15th, 2022 at 3:31:40 PM permalink
Quote: linksjunkie

Wiz I must disagree. There is a lot of value chasing blue wilds.

link to original post

He did use the qualifier “long term.” Makes sense with the qualifier.
mtcards
mtcards
  • Threads: 18
March 15th, 2022 at 8:35:03 PM permalink
I recently played this game on a Carnival cruise. The purple wilds were at 68 or 69, but once it hit 70, the wording "must hit by 75" came up. Not sure if it was random or not, but the green wilds went from 70-82 while I was playing but never had the "must hit" line come up, so I dont know if it there are different numbers that come up where it shows a "must hit" number or not. For reference, the Gold wilds were at 92 at the time as well. The blue wilds seemed to random when they hit, I saw anything from 8 to 15 when they hit.

Edited to add: I played until the purple hit (at a lower level bet, I forget how much, I think $1.50). From what I remember, each bet level had a seperate set of wilds accumulating.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
March 15th, 2022 at 8:58:07 PM permalink
Here is my understanding of the reset and must-hit-by values of the bonus wilds:

Purple: 30, 75
Green: 40, 100
Yellow: 50, 125
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
March 15th, 2022 at 9:29:12 PM permalink

Here is my understanding of the reset and must-hit-by values of the bonus wilds:

link to original post

Blue 5, 50
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
ALG
ALG
March 15th, 2022 at 11:53:47 PM permalink
Quote: linksjunkie

As far as the green wilds - 85 entry
link to original post

Agreed. 80 seems risky. Would love to see if the Wizard comes up with a strategy for the 3 big ones. 9 or 10 on blue almost always seem to be +EV.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
March 16th, 2022 at 10:36:41 AM permalink

link to original post

Playable #s hugely dependent on what the machine return is set at.

So when you post your #'s, please also list the return % of the machine you're basing those #s on.
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
March 16th, 2022 at 11:42:39 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

So when you post your #'s, please also list the return % of the machine you're basing those #s on.
link to original post

Good suggestion. My numbers on Golden Jungle Grand assumed a 90% machine.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
March 18th, 2022 at 5:09:14 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Blue 5, 50
link to original post

Seems to me the Blue usually gets very quickly once getting to 12 or so. I don't think I've ever seen it accumulate more than 15, but, then again, I have played it only about 45 minutes total.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
March 18th, 2022 at 5:27:41 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

link to original post

I have looked at videos of both, and you seem to be right. They have a similar bonus round with lots of wilds, but they evidently don't accumulate in the way they do in Regal Riches.

However, Prosperity Pearl does indeed seem to be a skin. Here are videos of all three games mentioned.

Prosperity Pearl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NYRvFsYkYY

Scarab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_OOGVcB12Q

Diamond Mania: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xq-o3Q-w38

In surfing about this game, I found this site, which seems a pretty good write-up, especially compared to the usual garage that is web sites about slot machines: https://www.knowyourslots.com/regal-riches-more-complex-igt-game-with-bonus-meters/. It says, in part, that when the number of wilds appears in flames, it indicates it has surpassed the average hit point.
darkoz
darkoz
March 18th, 2022 at 6:16:29 PM permalink

link to original post

I have looked at videos of both, and you seem to be right. They have a similar bonus round with lots of wilds, but they evidently don't accumulate in the way they do in Regal Riches.

However, Prosperity Pearl does indeed seem to be a skin. Here are videos of all three games mentioned.

Prosperity Pearl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NYRvFsYkYY

Scarab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_OOGVcB12Q

Diamond Mania: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xq-o3Q-w38

In surfing about this game, I found this site, which seems a pretty good write-up, especially compared to the usual garage that is web sites about slot machines: https://www.knowyourslots.com/regal-riches-more-complex-igt-game-with-bonus-meters/. It says, in part, that when the number of wilds appears in flames, it indicates it has surpassed the average hit point.
link to original post

In Scarab the wilds accumulate the same way as golden jungle. The Scarabs come down randomly and lock where they land however instead of being placed above the reel like the Golden Buddha. On the tenth spin, only the positions with accumulated Scarabs turn wild as opposed to the entire reel with a Golden Buddha

Note I have seen three versions of Scarab.

1) Scarabs lock and REMAIN in their position on the tenth spin.

2) Scarabs lock and on the tenth spin rearrange position making predictions of the final advantage win more difficult to predict.

3) Scarab Grand which has a jackpot ($1000 for the $1 spin multiplier up to $5000 for the $5 spin) which is if you get the entire screen the same symbol.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
March 18th, 2022 at 6:59:19 PM permalink

link to original post

Blue 5, 50
link to original post

this simply can't be right. The Blues award all wilds on the next spin and there's only 20 spots. There is a YouTube video that I watched where it hit 20 and they got a screen full of wilds. Unfortunately, I can't remember who did it.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
March 18th, 2022 at 9:00:11 PM permalink
I’ve hit over 20 around 10 times (24 being highest) and it says in the help screen that the blue is mhb 50.
DogHand
DogHand
March 20th, 2022 at 1:21:34 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

link to original post

Blue 5, 50
link to original post

this simply can't be right. The Blues award all wilds on the next spin and there's only 20 spots. There is a YouTube video that I watched where it hit 20 and they got a screen full of wilds. Unfortunately, I can't remember who did it.
link to original post

rsactuary,

Perhaps you don't know that more than one Wild can land on the same position: if so, that position becomes Wildx2, then Wildx3, etc. I have seen Wildx5 in my play.

Dog Hand
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
Thanked by
ALG
March 22nd, 2022 at 7:38:07 AM permalink
I just published a page at WoO on Regal Riches. I welcome all comments, especially on the strategy. Thank you.
100xOdds
100xOdds
March 22nd, 2022 at 6:40:30 PM permalink

I just published a page at WoO on Regal Riches. I welcome all comments, especially on the strategy. Thank you.
link to original post

404 Page Not Found
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
March 22nd, 2022 at 6:57:55 PM permalink

404 Page Not Found
link to original post

Oops, sorry, please try this one.
100xOdds
100xOdds
March 22nd, 2022 at 9:33:58 PM permalink

404 Page Not Found
link to original post

Oops, sorry, please try this one.
link to original post

typo:
Purple Meter — The entry point should be around 64 Purple wilds.
Green Meter — The entry point should be around 85 Green wilds.
Purple Meter — The entry point should be around 106 Yellow wilds.

last meter should say Yellow.
and only 106?!

I've lost $ at 110 but it was a 87% machine.
What return % are you assuming with your entry point recommendations?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
March 23rd, 2022 at 5:59:12 AM permalink

last meter should say Yellow.

You're right, thanks.

Quote:

and only 106?!

What do you think it should be? I admit 106 was rather arbitrary.

Quote:

What return % are you assuming with your entry point recommendations?
link to original post

90%.
DogHand
DogHand
Thanked by
Wizard
March 25th, 2022 at 6:55:17 AM permalink
WoO,

Two suggestions:

14. If any line pay win goes through at least one wild, then the win will be multiplied by the total wilds that compose that win.

23. The more wilds that are in the purple, green, or yellow bank, the greater the chance that bonus will be won. If the bank reaches or exceeds the maximum value, that probability will be 100% the bonus round will begin immediately.

On 23, if you have 74 purples and then collect 4 more, you'll actually have 78 wilds, which is more than the "maximum" value. Also, once the "must hit by" value is reached or exceeded, the bonus round begins without the player having to pay for another spin.

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
March 25th, 2022 at 2:21:44 PM permalink

Hope this helps!
link to original post

Thank you. I just made those edits.
100xOdds
100xOdds
August 20th, 2022 at 8:30:32 AM permalink

Regal Riches in a foreign country.
Doesn't seem like a must-hit.
skimmed through the rules and no idea about the '10 free games'?

Did not try it since i had no foreign currency on me and nothing else seemed playable there.
Sulfur5989
Sulfur5989
  • Threads: 7
September 3rd, 2022 at 6:43:00 AM permalink
Hi, I just sign up but I have 4 years experience vulturing slots in 3 countries. As someone pointed this is identical to Prosperity Pearls and the trigger I always used is the following;

Blue: 8
Purple: 65*
Green: 85*
Yellow: 115*

*I will take them a little lower if I encounter a situation where lets say you have purple at 60 and green at 75 or something alike.
ChallengedMilly
ChallengedMilly
  • Threads: 25
Thanked by
Hunterhill
September 8th, 2022 at 4:26:39 PM permalink
Just hit the purple minor with 300 in, got about 400 back. Took it from 70 to 75. Currently sinking every gambling dollar into it because yellow is at 113, on $3 denom. Praying it hits the mega soon for a healthy "paid for trip and then some" jackpot.

Will report back when it hits. I agree with sulfur it may be advantageous to jump on if green and purple are quite high just for a small but healthy jackpot.

Edit... OK lost about $200 trying to hit it. Hit minor about 10 or 12 times, hit major 2 times(first for 300, second for 150ish). 3 dollar denom. Mega fiiiiinally fucking hits for a modest $628 win. I end up talking to three separate local AP teams during my run. Apparently it's very well known and I shouldn't have jumped on it till 120 or so. One guy says he'll poke around if green/purple are in decent shape but that's it. Interesting he mentioned about 7 AP games here at Cherokee, but wouldn't divulge which ones he does laps on.

Also one guy was an ass, and told me "I don't kiss and tell" when I asked what other games he did laps on. I understand making a living but it felt like a dick move.
Last edited by: ChallengedMilly on Sep 8, 2022
Sulfur5989
Sulfur5989
September 9th, 2022 at 5:24:57 AM permalink
Quote: ChallengedMilly

Just hit the purple minor with 300 in, got about 400 back. Took it from 70 to 75. Currently sinking every gambling dollar into it because yellow is at 113, on $3 denom. Praying it hits the mega soon for a healthy "paid for trip and then some" jackpot.

Will report back when it hits. I agree with sulfur it may be advantageous to jump on if green and purple are quite high just for a small but healthy jackpot.

Edit... OK lost about $200 trying to hit it. Hit minor about 10 or 12 times, hit major 2 times(first for 300, second for 150ish). 3 dollar denom. Mega fiiiiinally fucking hits for a modest $628 win. I end up talking to three separate local AP teams during my run. Apparently it's very well known and I shouldn't have jumped on it till 120 or so. One guy says he'll poke around if green/purple are in decent shape but that's it. Interesting he mentioned about 7 AP games here at Cherokee, but wouldn't divulge which ones he does laps on.

Also one guy was an ass, and told me "I don't kiss and tell" when I asked what other games he did laps on. I understand making a living but it felt like a dick move.
link to original post

From my experience with this game this is how much each bonus pays when full or almost full;

Purple: around 80x your bet
Green: around 100x your bet
Yellow: around 200x your bet
Mukke
Mukke
  • Threads: 9
Thanked by
camapl
September 9th, 2022 at 8:23:05 AM permalink

Interesting he mentioned about 7 AP games here at Cherokee, but wouldn't divulge which ones he does laps on.

link to original post

I think it's pretty reasonable that people won't just tell you all the secrets.

At the same time, it's really not THAT hard to spot an AP and casually tail them for a short while, while they show you all their stops :)
ChallengedMilly
ChallengedMilly
September 9th, 2022 at 12:35:20 PM permalink
Quote: Mukke

Interesting he mentioned about 7 AP games here at Cherokee, but wouldn't divulge which ones he does laps on.

link to original post

At the same time, it's really not THAT hard to spot an AP and casually tail them for a short while, while they show you all their stops :)
link to original post

I guess I'm just morally different than other folks. I think this knowledge should be shared with others. It's us against the casinos not us against each other.
ChallengedMilly
ChallengedMilly
September 9th, 2022 at 12:35:26 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I guess I'm just morally different than other folks. I think this knowledge should be shared with others. It's us against the casinos not us against each other.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
Hunterhill
September 9th, 2022 at 12:40:53 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

There are other issues.

First, too many hands in the till and the casino will catch on and shut things down. Why risk that by educating people?

Second, newbies will invariably do something wrong that blows the opportunity. Without the experience of years in what not to do, it's easy to do stupid things that alert the casino what is going on.

Third, if I spent a long time learning my craft at cost why should I help you get the same rewards for free.
Mukke
Mukke
Thanked by
Hunterhill
September 9th, 2022 at 1:15:03 PM permalink

link to original post

When you count in blackjack, it's you against the casino.

When you're APing slots, it's literally you against the other players. The machine is going to pay whatever it is going to pay. The only question is if it will pay you or another patron.
Last edited by: Mukke on Sep 9, 2022
McSweeney
McSweeney
September 9th, 2022 at 5:46:31 PM permalink
Guy above me already beat me to it. But I don't have a moral problem with advantage slot playing depriving other slot players of money since I consider it like being a highly skilled poker player who is better than the other players and is subsequently depriving them of money.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
September 9th, 2022 at 5:47:03 PM permalink

link to original post

When you count in blackjack, it's you against the casino.

When you're APing slots, it's literally you against the other players. The machine is going to pay whatever it is going to pay. The only question is if it will pay you or another patron.
link to original post

Very good post!!
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
ChallengedMilly
ChallengedMilly
September 9th, 2022 at 6:23:26 PM permalink
Quote: McSweeney

Guy above me already beat me to it. But I don't have a moral problem with advantage slot playing depriving other slot players of money since I consider it like being a highly skilled poker player who is better than the other players and is subsequently depriving them of money.
link to original post

This is a bad analogy since the top poker players all know the various strategies to use and when/why to use them. If one of them did find some secret new strategy, it'd be a dick move to try keeping it a secret. Much like when the massive million+ hand analysis dump happened a few years ago that gave us the modern Era of holdem poker.

Ultimately I only get out this way about 2 times a year, and I have a different philosophy on these things.
100xOdds
100xOdds
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
September 19th, 2022 at 5:02:16 AM permalink

$1.50/spin
Hit purple 3 times (75,40,40) but no green.

Put in $1000.
Lost $250 :(

Bad variance and/or 85% machine.
Even when I got 10+ blues, most of the time i never got 10x or better return
Sulfur5989
Sulfur5989
September 19th, 2022 at 5:10:16 AM permalink
As the purple and the green were at reset and the yellow at 115, this is about as even money as it can get. You likely were around the 0% edge here so you might have gotten negative variance with casino points.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
camaplonenickelmiracle
September 19th, 2022 at 5:19:36 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Not really…. While waiting for my friend to play PaiGow I’ll go check out the Ultimate X machines. If I find at least one valuable multiplier on the first machine I’m pretty sure I’ll be finding them on the entire bank of machines. It’s just a matter if ‘someone like me’ has been by recently. The fewer ‘someone like me’ people are there the more likely there will be opportunities for me.
DogHand
DogHand
September 19th, 2022 at 5:58:41 AM permalink

$1.50/spin

Put in $1000.

link to original post

100xOdds,

First of all, I cannot see the number on the Green meter in either photo, but I can see the Green is afire* in the lower (presumably earlier) photo, but not in the upper (later) photo. This means the Green was hit between the two photos, so how did you miss it? I am inferring the order of the two photos based on the Yellow meter.

Dog Hand

*Wiz, this will probably be the Wordle sometime soon ;-)
100xOdds
100xOdds
September 19th, 2022 at 6:09:23 AM permalink

$1.50/spin

Put in $1000.

link to original post

100xOdds,

First of all, I cannot see the number on the Green meter in either photo, but I can see the Green is afire* in the lower (presumably earlier) photo, but not in the upper (later) photo. This means the Green was hit between the two photos, so how did you miss it? I am inferring the order of the two photos based on the Yellow meter.

Dog Hand

*Wiz, this will probably be the Wordle sometime soon ;-)
link to original post

huh?
the bottom is the AFTER photo.

sorry about not showing the Green values,
was trying to capture the denom and bet level.
was too close to capture everything and didnt want to draw attention by stepping out of my chair to take pic.

i left after the Yellow,
sometime later, i see a ploppy play it.
a couple of laps later, she hits Green early for relatively alot and then Purple at 76 for above avg.
Yup, my $ lost turned into positive variance for her
Slotguy123
Slotguy123
  • Threads: 0
October 29th, 2022 at 5:52:47 PM permalink
I was playing regal riches and at min bet green was at 92 wilds and purple at 56 ran up the purple to 75 before green paid out …king story short hit purple and green wilds and still was down $60 after $300 in . Next person hit major bonus at 2.25 and tons of blue wilds after I was done for a positive $400 on about $100 in …I was shocked I lost with the wilds this close to hitting ..just curious if people here have better luck trying to stop the reels or letting the machine play them out ? I try to stop them sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t and it’s seems sometimes the machine won’t let me when I try …what are peoples thoughts on to manually stop spins or let them play out ?
100xOdds
100xOdds
October 29th, 2022 at 10:42:34 PM permalink
18 wilds and no multiplier!
what a waste. :(

i've won more $ with less blue's
Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 13
November 6th, 2022 at 10:38:16 AM permalink
I have never seen a discussion of this game that alludes to the important features of this game vis a vis the break-even entry points. All I am going to say is that I play it at much lower values for Y/G/P than anything I have seen in print. I see many blue-gem vultures passing up +EV plays.
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
RogerKintHunterhillOKAY
November 7th, 2022 at 7:57:08 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

There are other issues.

First, too many hands in the till and the casino will catch on and shut things down. Why risk that by educating people?

Second, newbies will invariably do something wrong that blows the opportunity. Without the experience of years in what not to do, it's easy to do stupid things that alert the casino what is going on.

Third, if I spent a long time learning my craft at cost why should I help you get the same rewards for free.
link to original post

Never thought I'd see the day you, of all people, would write something like this. Kudos.
knucklehead
knucklehead
  • Threads: 1
September 10th, 2023 at 9:41:03 PM permalink
Quote: Mental

I have never seen a discussion of this game that alludes to the important features of this game vis a vis the break-even entry points. All I am going to say is that I play it at much lower values for Y/G/P than anything I have seen in print. I see many blue-gem vultures passing up +EV plays.
link to original post

So what are those features and what are your numbers?
Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 13
September 11th, 2023 at 4:08:00 AM permalink
Quote: knucklehead

Quote: Mental

link to original post

So what are those features and what are your numbers?
link to original post

How can you build a mathematical model without including the early trigger rate or the payoff function for a given number of gems?
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
  • Jump to: