Mukke
Mukke
Joined: Mar 24, 2019
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 35
March 6th, 2022 at 5:05:29 PM permalink
I understand how this makes sense in a true class 3 game in Vegas, where the real hits are random.

But does this truth also apply to a state like WA, where non-bingo machines are determined through the TLS (Tribal Lottery System) which is essentially scratch tickets from a predefined (very large) pool.

Ie. is does max bet on a machine that has a different pay table for max bet compared to non-max bet actually mean/guarantee higher RTP, or is the relatively lower pay on the top prize offset by a difference in probabilities for the other pays?
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 202
  • Posts: 1725
March 6th, 2022 at 5:45:06 PM permalink
Quote: Mukke

I understand how this makes sense in a true class 3 game in Vegas, where the real hits are random.

But does this truth also apply to a state like WA, where non-bingo machines are determined through the TLS (Tribal Lottery System) which is essentially scratch tickets from a predefined (very large) pool.

Ie. is does max bet on a machine that has a different pay table for max bet compared to non-max bet actually mean/guarantee higher RTP, or is the relatively lower pay on the top prize offset by a difference in probabilities for the other pays?
link to original post



in my mind the back end is functioning exactly like this machine



i assure you there are slot machines based on pull tabs and its very odd how not a single person mentions it tbh
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 215
  • Posts: 13250
March 7th, 2022 at 6:36:57 AM permalink
I don't understand the attraction of pull tabs but I'm shocked how many people pull into the Legion for a beer or two and end up going thru a couple dozen pull tabs. What is great is they win $10 and simply buy 10 more tabs. I'm waiting for someone to hit the $500 top prize and trade it in for tickets.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
Joined: Feb 28, 2014
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 99
Thanks for this post from:
heatmap
March 7th, 2022 at 9:14:10 AM permalink
In Ohio we had ďraffleĒ based slot machines in lodges (Elks, Eagles, etc) up until the end of last year.

Basically they represent a giant bag of pull tabs.

The rep told us our 4 machines pulled from a virtual bag of one million tickets. There were two top prizes of $1199.

When you put your money in the machine you had to play completely thru it before you could cash out. Example - if you put $20 in then you had to play $20 worth of pulls before you could cash out.

Pay back on the machines was consistent with pull tabs at approximately 80%
Last edited by: linksjunkie on Mar 7, 2022
Son you ainít paying attention Iím cutting you but you ainít bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
Joined: Feb 28, 2014
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 99
Thanks for this post from:
heatmap
March 7th, 2022 at 9:18:08 AM permalink
The state has now changed regulations on how these machines have to work.

In April the new machines will come out. These will be bingo based machines. I donít have much info on these yet other than you can put your money in and cash out whenever you want versus having to play thru your buy in once before cashing out.
Son you ainít paying attention Iím cutting you but you ainít bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 202
  • Posts: 1725
March 7th, 2022 at 2:25:59 PM permalink
Quote: linksjunkie

The state has now changed regulations on how these machines have to work.

In April the new machines will come out. These will be bingo based machines. I donít have much info on these yet other than you can put your money in and cash out whenever you want versus having to play thru your buy in once before cashing out.
link to original post



ohio - wowowow neato legal definition of cheating

https://codes.ohio.gov/ohio-revised-code/section-3772.01

Quote:

(I) "Cheat" means to alter the result of a casino game, the element of chance, the operation of a machine used in a casino game, or the method of selection of criteria that determines (a) the result of the casino game, (b) the amount or frequency of payment in a casino game, (c) the value of a wagering instrument, or (d) the value of a wagering credit. "Cheat" does not include an individual who, without the assistance of another individual or without the use of a physical aid or device of any kind, uses the individual's own ability to keep track of the value of cards played and uses predictions formed as a result of the tracking information in the individual's playing and betting strategy.



edit

is this the raffle machines you are talking about ?

Parashara
Parashara
Joined: Aug 20, 2018
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 10
May 14th, 2022 at 2:49:14 PM permalink
I was wondering in the slot machine multi denomination games the reel / random number generated is the same but the pay changes with the denomination ???

Like If the user selects 1Cent 88 cents bet

if a win is generated then win multiplied by 88 cents

Like If the user selects 5Cent $4.40 bet

if a win is generated then win multiplied by $4.40

Or does it have different algorithms for each denomination ie that is in order to take some cut and give back the player some amount?
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 8541
May 14th, 2022 at 5:20:46 PM permalink
Quote: Parashara

I was wondering in the slot machine multi denomination games the reel / random number generated is the same but the pay changes with the denomination ???

Like If the user selects 1Cent 88 cents bet

if a win is generated then win multiplied by 88 cents

Like If the user selects 5Cent $4.40 bet

if a win is generated then win multiplied by $4.40

Or does it have different algorithms for each denomination ie that is in order to take some cut and give back the player some amount?
link to original post



It depends on the machine. Some machines have different paybacks depending on the denom and bet size.
Order from chaos
tuttigym
tuttigym
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 927
May 15th, 2022 at 9:05:50 AM permalink
Quote: Parashara

I was wondering in the slot machine multi denomination games the reel / random number generated is the same but the pay changes with the denomination ???

Like If the user selects 1Cent 88 cents bet

if a win is generated then win multiplied by 88 cents

Like If the user selects 5Cent $4.40 bet

if a win is generated then win multiplied by $4.40

Or does it have different algorithms for each denomination ie that is in order to take some cut and give back the player some amount?


I am aware that "jackpot size" payout is dependent on wager size, however, are the machines, in general, aware of bet size when it comes to hitting any bonus? Suppose I play a machine that actually allows me to play one line for a penny a spin. I play 75 spins for 75 cents then I change to a 30 line spins (machine max of lines). Will I be more likely to hit a bonus sooner or will the machine revert to a pre-programed play?

tuttigym

  • Jump to: