Thread Rating:

Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 33
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
September 5th, 2018 at 12:18:35 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

That's very true. I think places do indeed do this. Maybe I haven't noticed it in a while, but Walmart receipts faded really fast I remember.

These days, just about all reciepts/slot tickets/etc. are printed on thermal paper. It is an inkless process where heat is applied to the paper to the pixels to be printed, causing the desired areas to turn black.

These will fade over time. Exposure to heat and light will accelerate this process.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 8
September 5th, 2018 at 12:22:26 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

These days, just about all reciepts/slot tickets/etc. are printed on thermal paper. It is an inkless process where heat is applied to the paper to the pixels to be printed, causing the desired areas to turn black.

These will fade over time. Exposure to heat and light will accelerate this process.

Plus cancer. https://www.flexreceipts.com/all-posts/blog/bpa-receipts-effects
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 211
September 5th, 2018 at 12:32:28 PM permalink
A lot of public transportations services do this

Like busses where the driver doesnt carry change. But usually this due to convenience and convincing people to purchase electronic tickets in advance. Not to scam or hustle people out of small amounts

For awhile in NYC a $.99 cheesburger with tax at McDonalds was $1.08 but only $1.07 at Burger King. The 8 3/4% tax left a fraction. Mcd rounded up burger king rounded down

I was certain McD paid the rounded down figure to the state and pocketed the extra penny

Serving Billions can really stack those pennies up
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
September 5th, 2018 at 1:32:59 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Quote: Joeman

Plus cancer. https://www.flexreceipts.com/all-posts/blog/bpa-receipts-effects

Wow
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 158
September 5th, 2018 at 2:05:00 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

It would be more like if you went to the grocery store and the self-checkout line didn't give you change, but the normal lines with cashiers did.

Pretty much exactly what it is. And that would be just as stupid to get a voucher for the odd change. We've got automated machines and they design the machines to be frustrating? Lord have mercy. I hope this trend doesn't spread to other areas of automation.

Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: