billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 6th, 2018 at 12:16:10 PM permalink
Take a quick hit style machine. The payout of five quick hits starts at $15 and slowly advances. Same with a higher number of hits.
Say the payout for seven quick hits starts at $350 for max coin played( 5 coins) and is currently at $380. A player hits the seven QH but is only playing three coins. He wins a percentage of that total but is the progressive reset?
Same question if a single coin player hits a RF on a progressive ?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 6th, 2018 at 12:40:58 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Take a quick hit style machine. The payout of five quick hits starts at $15 and slowly advances. Same with a higher number of hits.
Say the payout for seven quick hits starts at $350 for max coin played( 5 coins) and is currently at $380. A player hits the seven QH but is only playing three coins. He wins a percentage of that total but is the progressive reset?

Most progressives require the player to play the maximum number of coins to win the progressive. They don't normally pay any percentage of the progressive, just 100% when max coins played.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 6th, 2018 at 12:51:51 PM permalink
They seem to on quick hits. Hitting five QH looks like it pays differently depending on what the progressive is.
I may be wrong but that's how it looks.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
August 6th, 2018 at 1:12:52 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

As far as video poker... if someone short coins they're not eligible for the progressive. You can see it in the pay table that's highlighted when they bet "1 coin"... the payout for a RF is only 800 credits. Only the 5th coin column shows the progessive amount.

Many other slots say the same thing... "Progressive Pays $XXX at max bet". While I'm not 100% familiar with your specific quick hit question, I would be more than willing to bet a buck or two that it's the same and that the do not win the progressive and the progressive does not reset.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
Romes
August 6th, 2018 at 1:14:03 PM permalink
On the quick hits that I've seen, if you bet less than max, it pays based on an alternate paytable. The player will not reset the progressive or be paid any of the contribution.
I heart Crystal Math.
KevinAA
KevinAA
  • Threads: 18
Thanked by
AxelWolf
August 7th, 2018 at 6:52:41 PM permalink
I have played that game a lot. Every single one of them pays a fixed multiple of the bet, although I think there was one that paid a different fixed amount for 8 and/or 9 quick hits, but it is usually:

5 quick hits 10x bet
6 quick hits 50x bet
7 quick hits 100x bet
8 quick hits 1000x bet
9 quick hits 2500x bet

In free games, you get those multiples (times 2 or times 3) despite playing max bet, and the progressive amount will not reset. But the progressive amount is usually not 2x or 3x the reset amount anyway, so you're still "ahead" in that sense.

If you bet max and win, the progressive amount for that number of quick hits resets to the above multiple (e.g. $1.50 max bet and 5 quick hits is sitting at $23.18, you win $23.18 and it resets to $15.00).

Some of the machines do not increase the progressive amount if you bet less than max, while other machines do increase the progressive amount if you bet less than max. In the latter case, all else being equal, it's an even worse plan to bet less than max, because you are contributing to the progressive jackpot but cannot win it.
  • Jump to: