darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9091
April 27th, 2018 at 8:24:52 PM permalink
When is the optimal time to start playing a must hit:

Meter moves $10 per spin in following pattern - one cent, one cent, two cents repeat

Must hit by $8,888

Meter amount should read???
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
BTLWI
BTLWI
Joined: Nov 6, 2013
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 431
April 27th, 2018 at 8:51:13 PM permalink
$8887 sounds optimal to me.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9091
April 27th, 2018 at 8:53:40 PM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

$8887 sounds optimal to me.



Haha

Yeah i dont need math analysis for that one

But meter isnt that close where im at

Numbers please
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
BTLWI
BTLWI
Joined: Nov 6, 2013
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 431
April 27th, 2018 at 9:00:13 PM permalink
A guess of house edge on that denomination is needed. Is there a 2nd meter?
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9091
April 27th, 2018 at 9:07:37 PM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

A guess of house edge on that denomination is needed. Is there a 2nd meter?



Yes

Must hit by $1199

Meter moves 4 cents per $10 spin
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9091
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
April 28th, 2018 at 7:30:12 AM permalink
I hate to bump but...

Hello is anybody out there?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 113
  • Posts: 8467
April 28th, 2018 at 9:54:30 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I hate to bump but...

Hello is anybody out there?



I'm no expert, but don't you need to let the forum know what the return is not counting the progressive? If it is giving back 88% not including the jackpot it is a quite different analysis than if it is giving back 95% not including the jackpot. I also think these questions should state whether or not there are any tax implications, as well as if there are any comp implications. Plus what +EV is the minimum you would accept for your time?

So I think the forum's minds that could answer you are silent because the question is too vague.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9091
April 28th, 2018 at 10:40:15 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I'm no expert, but don't you need to let the forum know what the return is not counting the progressive? If it is giving back 88% not including the jackpot it is a quite different analysis than if it is giving back 95% not including the jackpot. I also think these questions should state whether or not there are any tax implications, as well as if there are any comp implications. Plus what +EV is the minimum you would accept for your time?

So I think the forum's minds that could answer you are silent because the question is too vague.



Thanks Soopoo. Not good at this type of analysis so dont mind being guided in right direction mathematically

92% payback is minimum it can be

Every $3000 coin-in gets $10 freeplay. Of course mailer opportunities later depending on coin-in

Taxes are like any atlantic city casino (but this is not atlantic city) $1200 higher you get w2g

Anything else (besides casino direct address lol)
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
April 28th, 2018 at 10:55:53 AM permalink
You need to know the meter rate more precisely. I say the optimal point is as high as possible but not high enough that another person will get on and not get off until they hit it.
I am a robot.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 152
  • Posts: 20086
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKintgamerfreakRSRomes
April 28th, 2018 at 12:18:18 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

When is the optimal time to start playing a must hit:

Meter moves $10 per spin in following pattern - one cent, one cent, two cents repeat

Must hit by $8,888

Meter amount should read???

I take it you won't be covering must hits in your AP book.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪

  • Jump to: