bumblingfool
bumblingfool
  • Threads: 5
September 11th, 2014 at 5:48:45 PM permalink
I'm looking at this golden derby game from net entertainment.

They list the RTP as 93.1.

As far as I can see, the progressive jackpot is mandatory, eg player does not have option to not bet on it.

The amount in the progressive jackpot changes of course
Wouldn't the RTP increase as the jackpot grows and decrease as it shrinks?

Unless the returns on the standard bets change based on the size of the jackpot.

Please help!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
September 11th, 2014 at 6:39:57 PM permalink
Not sure how net entertainment does it, but the standard practice for regular slots is to list the RTP using the reset value of the jackpot - kind of like the worst-case RTP.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
bumblingfool
bumblingfool
  • Threads: 5
September 16th, 2014 at 7:28:00 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Not sure how net entertainment does it, but the standard practice for regular slots is to list the RTP using the reset value of the jackpot - kind of like the worst-case RTP.

Wow, well it seems most softwares, including net entertainment are always listing the best theoretical RTP to make the game seem better.

For example, in that game, golden derby, the rtp does not appear to be the same for all the different kinds of bets you can make. I think you can tell because if you combine the individual odds of betting on 2 horses to finish either 1st or 2nd it should match the odds on the "quinella" bet which is a combo bet on which 2 horses will finish 1st and 2nd in no particular order. So essentially the 2 bets are the same but the odds are not.

So I'm guessing the best bet has the listed RTP and then the other bets have horrible RTP's, maybe 10-20%.

Isn't it strange that people play these games without knowing at all how much they're being taken for? Seems softwares refuse to discuss anything.
  • Jump to: