LinkerSplit
LinkerSplit
  • Threads: 3
November 10th, 2019 at 12:35:46 PM permalink
Hello,
I'm trying to figurate the following odds:
On a 8 handed Cash Game table there is the following promotion:
1) hold XX cards in your hand and if an Adiamond hit the board, you win £xx money;
2) Match this hand (5 cards are displayed) and their suit HOLDING x and y card out of the 5 and you can win £xx money;
alternatively to 2), match this hand (5 cards are displayed) HOLDING x and y card out of the 5 and you can win £xx money;

Now, what could be the odds for these promos?

I do believe that matching 5 cards and their suit is like 1 in 2.5M, if not please tell me, my head is exploding lol

Thank you very much
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888 
  • Threads: 60
November 10th, 2019 at 1:56:15 PM permalink
Quote: LinkerSplit

Hello,
I'm trying to figurate the following odds:
On a 8 handed Cash Game table there is the following promotion:
1) hold XX cards in your hand and if an Adiamond hit the board, you win £xx money;

An Ad will be on the board with a frequency of 5/52 (assuming all 5 cards on the baord are dealt.)

In order to have two hole cards each with a specified rank and suit (while the Ad is on the board), the probability is 2/51/50.

So, I think the frequency of this is 5*2/52/51/50 = 0.0000754 or approximately 1 in 13,260.

In a eight-handed cash game this will occur with a frequency of 8 in 13,260 per deal, again assuming all hands are dealt out to completion.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
  • Jump to: