Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 8th, 2012 at 10:18:37 PM permalink
But given that he will play 63s to a raise, it's definitely possible he would open and call a 3-bet with KJs.

I doubt he raise to $12 with 63s in early position, let's give him some credit.

As for check check turn and river, you have position , USE IT. If you always gonna worry about a check raise, WTF.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Boney526
Boney526
  • Threads: 8
December 8th, 2012 at 10:31:03 PM permalink
Buzz, I'd just have you know that I usually use my position much better than I did in this hand. I'm usually not worried about a check raise. I was in this hand. And I probably shouldn't have been, if he raised me I could have just folded.

It had a lot to do with my read on him. I didn't think he was folding even if I bet. I now think I should have put him to the test, but it's in the past now. Posting this has helped me to see what I could have done better - since something irked me about how I played it.

And thinking about it, betting in order to get him to fold on the flop was probably a better play. I'm trying to learn how to use my reads on hand ranges better. It's definitely one of the tougher concepts to learn to use effectively. Since poker is a game of using information effectively, this is something I've gotta work on. There are numerous hands I'm confident that I played the situation right - even where I lost. I posted one where I thought was wrong, but wasn't sure where.
tringlomane
tringlomane
December 9th, 2012 at 12:15:33 AM permalink
Boney, we are giving you general opponent responses. If you sensed or read something where a flop c-bet wouldn't work as much as normal, then checking is not a mistake. It really depends on your read/opponent. Generally I believe you should bet flop, but there are some opponents/tells that would make that the wrong decision.
Boney526
Boney526
December 9th, 2012 at 9:00:24 PM permalink
True.

Again, I appreciate the input everyone.

I will post more hands here as I play if any of them are interesting. I won't be playing too much, but when I get free time I will.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 9th, 2012 at 9:38:28 PM permalink
STOP IN ANYTIME. You seem to learn from your mistakes, rather than whine. Sure sign of a winner in the long run.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet

• Jump to: