Alethiar
Alethiar
  • Threads: 2
October 12th, 2011 at 3:01:02 PM permalink
This is the second game I've had problems with, and cannot find any help anywhere. It has a somewhat long explanation, but it needs it.

There's a pachinko-like machine that has 11 settings, let's say A to K, each of can be set with 11 values, 1-11. These settings influence the chance of the pachinko balls going through one of the machine's 5 gates - GATE1, GATE2, etc. - in pairs: the pairs and which gate they influence are unknown, the only thing that is known is that, for example, if both settings for the GATE1 are wrong the chance is 20%, if one is right is 25%, and if both are right it's 30% (chances are for example, the real ones are unknown too).
Last section is influenced by one setting only, and unless all the settings are right the chances of getting the jackpot is very low.

This is an example of the settings and results I obtain:
1 4 7 10 2 5 8 11 3 6 9 -- 1000 68 36 17 4 0
Where the first 11 numbers are the setting from A to K, then there are the pachinko balls that are inserted (1000), the ones that get through GATE1 (68), through GATE2 (36) and so on. Of course, every ball that has not gone through previous gates doesn't count for the following ones - that's 36 out of 68 that have went on.

What I have is many people, a results database, and the ability for everyone of us to use 1000 balls each day.

What I need, is a system that allows my group to crack the code, so to speak. Time, while important, doesn't count that much.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
October 14th, 2011 at 9:37:02 AM permalink
My initial thought is to use DOE (design of experiments). This is used in manufacturing to understand the effects of many variables without going through a full factorial test.

I don't remember much of how to do this, since I've been out of manufacturing for a long time. It is also possible that this won't help at all, depending on how the machine is made.
I heart Crystal Math.
  • Jump to: