heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 271
June 4th, 2024 at 4:32:29 PM permalink
Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of particular game tickets they produce. As in lets say a monopoly themed game is offered by a states lottery. Do they produce say a total of 100k tickets all at once or something and all the prizes are randomly distribiuted within that printing, and thats it? Or do they slowly release prizes and dont have a set amount of tickets and slowly release prizes within those amounts produced in order to make sure a profit is made? I suppose either way a profit can be calculated and made no matter what. But im trying to figure out if they choose a set amount to begin with...
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 129
June 4th, 2024 at 5:50:13 PM permalink
Isn't there a 50% HA for the lottery built-in already? I fail to see how to turn a profit on that except with exceptional wins, like it was an inside job. But yeah, buy all 100K $1 tickets and get $50K back unless there is some jackpot ticket that pays off way more than $100K. But you'll never get to each and every store to get them. Oh, you weren't talking about player profits, never mind.
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 9
June 4th, 2024 at 6:45:19 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of particular game tickets they produce. As in lets say a monopoly themed game is offered by a states lottery. Do they produce say a total of 100k tickets all at once or something and all the prizes are randomly distribiuted within that printing, and thats it? Or do they slowly release prizes and dont have a set amount of tickets and slowly release prizes within those amounts produced in order to make sure a profit is made? I suppose either way a profit can be calculated and made no matter what. But im trying to figure out if they choose a set amount to begin with...
link to original post

Here is a page for the NJ scratch-off lottery tickets. It shows the numbers of prizes remaining in each game.

Click on "Top Prize Remaining" to see the numbers of each game's tickets printed.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
June 4th, 2024 at 7:11:54 PM permalink
All the scratcher type games I've looked at have a set number of tickets printed at the start of the game.

This is essential to the announcements I see for "Top prizes are no longer available for the following games" signs, posted as inconspicuously as possible at many lottery retailers.
May the cards fall in your favor.
  • Jump to: