darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 5452
April 6th, 2018 at 11:44:58 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Silly talk, none of this matters when you understand “Wilkerson vs”.

But it is interesting reading, Thanks DR!



Agreed

Best advice on the site is hire an attorney

I understand the idea of an invite as evidence you are not trespassing but casino mail is notoriously one to two months behind

Getting trespassed april 5th and then you receive an invite to same casino in may is an iffy proposition at best if trying to claim this
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
April 6th, 2018 at 12:40:17 PM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

You cannot be trespassed for counting legally in vegas and most likely the rest of the country. Thats why no one ever gets arrested upon return. So none of this trespass talk matters.


Over/under on when ZK (and no, I don't wish this upon you) gets his first room at the CCDC?
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
  • Threads: 208
  • Posts: 3113
April 6th, 2018 at 1:24:21 PM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

You cannot be trespassed for counting legally in vegas and most likely the rest of the country.

How about providing a link to a credible source of some kind ? Or simply say that "a guy at the bus stop told me". Or whatever the case may be.
You know the type always acting cool, Pretender;Take the risk or give up your cards, Pretender, Oh, Oh. - Iris/Avsec
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 1737
Thanks for this post from:
prozemaRS
April 6th, 2018 at 1:59:52 PM permalink
Please have Zenking and Bob Nersesian on Gwae together,best show ever.
Don't teach an alligator how to swim.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 7730
April 6th, 2018 at 2:40:11 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'd love if you could have ZK on ,as well, so Bob could dissuade him from his new path of trying to get rich off casino policies. I imagine Bob would enjoy destroying stupid theories one after the other and would make for entertaining radio.



Can I pick them, or what?
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 6775
April 6th, 2018 at 4:36:54 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Silly talk, none of this matters when you understand “Wilkerson vs”. But it is interesting reading, Thanks DR!



Don't thank that interloper, thank me: I found the link and posted it earlier today, he simply reposted it.

Give credit where credit is due. :)
Last edited by: MrV on Apr 6, 2018
"What, me worry?"
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 153
  • Posts: 5602
April 6th, 2018 at 6:55:06 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Don't thank that interloper, thank me: I found the link and posted it earlier today, he simply reposted it.

Give credit where credit is due. :)



V, I give you more credit than you ever will know.
BobDancer
BobDancer
Joined: Jun 22, 2013
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 194
Thanks for this post from:
rdw4potus
April 6th, 2018 at 10:49:58 PM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

You cannot be trespassed for counting legally in vegas and most likely the rest of the country. Thats why no one ever gets arrested upon return. So none of this trespass talk matters.



I'm pretty sure that's incorrect.

Casinos can trespass you just for "you're too good for us." They don't need more of a reason than that.

I can hardly wait for you to argue, "You can't trespass me. I'm legally counting cards!" I'm sure that argument will go a long way with the head of security.
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
Joined: May 3, 2016
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 1443
April 7th, 2018 at 12:46:58 AM permalink
Quote: BobDancer

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect.

Casinos can trespass you just for "you're too good for us." They don't need more of a reason than that.

I can hardly wait for you to argue, "You can't trespass me. I'm legally counting cards!" I'm sure that argument will go a long way with the head of security.



The precedent was already set in the Wilkinson vs the State of Nevada court case decades ago amd was decided upon appeal. Casinos must give you the right to leave each and every time if no crime was ever committed and you werent being disorderly or disruptive. Thats why NRS 463.0129 is written the way it is and that gaming establishments must remain open to the public and not be restricted in any way. People get confused with the casinos ability to 'exclude at will' such as what was decided in the Slade vs Caesars court case that was decided in 2016, but thats a backoff NOT a Trespass. You can backoff at will, but you cannot trespass at will.

Not to mention the whole statute violates the void for vagueness doctrine and if it ever went to the Supreme Court, it would be thrown out because it is unconstitutional on its face. We all know what we can do with an unconstitutional statute, right? Simply ignore it as if its never been written. American Jurisprudence will tell you that.

No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.

— Sixteenth American Jurisprudence, Second Edition, Section 177. (late 2nd Ed. Section 256
Last edited by: ZenKinG on Apr 7, 2018
Any private business open to the PUBLIC (ie. droned out casinos) cannot have a criminal trespass enforced against an individual without GOOD CAUSE (Disruptive or Disorderly conduct). You will never go to prison for being thrown out of a casino for legal advantage play and then returning because it's simply unconstitutional 'as applied' to the individual. 'As applied' constitutional issues must FIRST be raised in DISTRICT COURT (trial court) to have it thrown out. You CANNOT raise it on APPEAL This is the best kept secret in the world of casinos not just in Vegas but everywhere in the country. Thank me later.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 5452
April 7th, 2018 at 2:19:49 AM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

The precedent was already set in the Wilkinson vs the State of Nevada court case decades ago amd was decided upon appeal. Casinos must give you the right to leave each and every time if no crime was ever committed and you werent being disorderly or disruptive. Thats why NRS 463.0129 is written the way it is and that gaming establishments must remain open to the public and not be restricted in any way. People get confused with the casinos ability to 'exclude at will' such as what was decided in the Slade vs Caesars court case that was decided in 2016, but thats a backoff NOT a Trespass. You can backoff at will, but you cannot trespass at will.

Not to mention the whole statute violates the void for vagueness doctrine and if it ever went to the Supreme Court, it would be thrown out because it is unconstitutional on its face. We all know what we can do with an unconstitutional statute, right? Simply ignore it as if its never been written. American Jurisprudence will tell you that.

No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.

— Sixteenth American Jurisprudence, Second Edition, Section 177. (late 2nd Ed. Section 256



I believe you both are correct. But zenking i think you are confusing right to trespass with right to detain

In your example you are still trespassed for a prior reason but they cant detain you without giving you a chance to leave on your own

The confusion is time limit for your return. Certainly if you come back five minutes later they now have the right to detain you for non-compliance.

But is one day safe? A week? Month? Etc. A good question for Nersessian i suppose
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

  • Jump to: