dwm
dwm
  • Threads: 33
January 12th, 2012 at 11:29:02 AM permalink
Have long tried and failed to win with across betting, by far the most fun way of playing this craps game. Can it be fun AND profitable? Lately the past several day sessions have had good results with the following simple conservative across betting scheme:

$5 pass and $10 odds to start the new shooter. After an inside number is rolled after the point is established, then $26,27 across. Collect 3 hits, then press every other hit until all place bets get to $10,12, then same bet for remainder of hand. Using a relatively large $600 session bankroll for these low dollar bets. Not getting rich but decent $200 range wins thusfar.

My simple shooter qualifier per above does help with the PSO trends and the gradual pressing does well on the good hands. It seems to do well on the usual choppy tables, will not work obviously on the extended cold tables when only a couple of box numbers are rolled per shooter. Overall this should win a good % of sessions, the overall % will need many more sessions to determine.
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
  • Threads: 7
January 13th, 2012 at 1:02:41 AM permalink
House edge on place 4/10 is 6.67% (each), On 5/9 it is flat 4.0%(each), 6/8 is 1.52%(each). $5 pass with x2 odds house edge is 0.61%. I think that gives you an effective house edge of around 3.6% .....not bad. Of course how much have you lost total, so far with this strategy. Good idea to qualify shooter at least to safeguard some of the BR.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 13th, 2012 at 1:36:11 AM permalink
I will sometimes bet "across"--usually when I am shooting. Once the point is established, I place $5/$6 or $10/$12 bets "across" and add odds to my pass line bet. Then I'll add a "come" bet and off we go. Each winning bet is used for "odds" on the "come" bet and we're "off and on" when any "come" bet wins.

It can be profitable but I am also putting more at risk right off the bat with an unqualified shooter (me!). I generally will have one good roll a session and the rest will be dogs. The "secret" that none of us know is when that good roll will come out!! Sometimes it even stays away.

The "PSO" sequence is what keeps me from doing this more. In spite of the random nature of the game, it seems as if shooters that hold the dice longer become a better bet the longer they shoot. Yes, they can seven out at any point...but...just a few numbers hit in ANY betting scheme on the "right" side can become profitable very quickly.
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
  • Threads: 7
January 13th, 2012 at 2:17:31 AM permalink
Not bad. There are many worse bets that you could be making. Just remember the house edge is lower if you "buy" a 4/10 or 5/9. But you have to bet a little more than $10 to overcome the vig tax. If your BR can sustain it, I suggest never placing the 4/10 or the 5/9. Only place the 6/8 and buy the 4/10 and 5/9. Best of luck!
dwm
dwm
January 13th, 2012 at 10:17:24 AM permalink
Last night was a typical day trip. Was in a +$300 to -$300 total range and quit at +210, playing about 6-7 hrs and the typical choppy hands. Had several 4-6 shooter cold streaks which is about the norm. A couple of good hands in 15+ box number range. Low bets, big session bankroll, pressing every other hit after collecting 3 hits to double the starting bet, pass-odds and across betting after an inside number is rolled after point is established.
Pretty simple, not the optimal way to play as to the house advantage issue, but doing well thusfar.
Asswhoopermcdaddy
Asswhoopermcdaddy
  • Threads: 87
January 14th, 2012 at 7:49:42 AM permalink
You need a large bankroll to do across betting. One cold shooter can essentially wipe out 5-6 bets. 2 cold shooters back to back and now you're down 10-12 bets. Dare I say 3 cold shooters in a row, and you're out 15-18 bets.

At a $10 table, I assume you would assume you need a buy-in of 500-600 to ride the volatility for even a short time. 10 X average bet. I've read some books recommending 20X average bet. So that would make it 1000-1200. Somehow, I've always been bleed down when I go across. And winners never offset losses. Guess that's gambling.
Triplell
Triplell
  • Threads: 9
January 16th, 2012 at 10:19:11 PM permalink
I like come bets with 3-4-5x odds. It is a lot more fun then across betting, and offers a similar experience. I might place the 6/8 just to cover the odds the first time it hits, but that's it.
dwm
dwm
January 17th, 2012 at 10:30:18 AM permalink
After a recent bad losing session with across betting, went back to inside betting:

$5 pass then $10 odds. Wait for an inside number to be rolled after the shooter establishes his point(shooter qualifier), then $32,34 inside. Collect 4 hits(get a profit on the shooter) then start a full press on each as hit until all inside bets get to $20,24 each and also continue with pass-odds. Then same bet for remainder of hand. $600 session bankroll is about right. Had a good $300 win latest session.
  • Jump to: