teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
November 21st, 2011 at 4:05:02 PM permalink
I've got a side bet for ya'. It's called "just freakin' craps." If someone hits 5 unique points, I will have made $1,000+ anyways, so it holds no interest for me.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 21st, 2011 at 4:40:41 PM permalink
That's exactly what I said about the Repeater bet at the Orleans. It pays out if the same point is made more than twice in the same roll. I was "well, if that happens, I'm happy anyways...".
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
  • Threads: 106
November 22nd, 2011 at 9:07:54 PM permalink
I've kept track. If I play 4-5 hours of craps, one player will hit four numbers or more.

Only once in the past three years have I seen the fire bet pay off twice in the same trip, and a trip can be two days of play.

I've been at only one table where the fire bet paid on all six numbers.

I've been at three tables in three years when the fire bet paid on five numbers, and I was one of those shooters.

Because of the three 5-number payoffs, and the single 6-number payoffs, I figure I have a net win on the fire bet.

But on my last trip when I played about 3 hours of craps, I figure I lost about $400 on the fire bet ($10 per play), no one hit four different numbers, despite some shooters who rolled 8 or more passes (repeaters).
Headlock
Headlock
  • Threads: 22
November 23rd, 2011 at 8:34:35 AM permalink
I've collected two six point fire bets this year. The first one, on a Sunday morning in April, I was alone at the table and hit six with $5 on it. I laid the fifth point, a 10, for $800, and naturally I rolled a ten the very next roll. The sixth point was a six or eight and I laid everything I had, $1,600 on that number. I made the point shortly after and collected $5,000, but I only won about $2,400.

Second time was about a month ago, a young man was shooting, and he had $1 on the fire and was playing just the pass line. I had only $2 on the fire, so I did not lay the fifth or sixth points. Won the $2,000 and ended up about $3,200 ahead.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
November 23rd, 2011 at 8:42:41 AM permalink
My perception is that if I play casually once every year or so, I can afford to pay a few dollars for the thrill of it over a one or two hour session. And if I get lucky it will have been worth it.

But it is a bad bet. I'll feel the Wizard's presence scolding me all the while :P
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal

• Jump to: