Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1069
March 26th, 2018 at 6:46:01 AM permalink
I don't play a great deal of craps but have never seen a player get tipped. Seems to me like the kind of thing that is more likely to happen to women. There was a scene in Sex and the City where Carrie was tipped $1,000, if I remember correctly, at the table.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Laymedown
Laymedown
  • Threads: 15
March 26th, 2018 at 7:01:46 AM permalink
Gambling is gambling in general with any game but tipping is also just as important. When approaching a craps table, don't just jump in. Look at the players and recognize your regulars first and let the table go a round of shooters and visually capture what their trends are, what they are rolling with the dice, if they are DI shooters, Repeat shooters, or random rollers.

Tend to focus more on repeat shooters and tip them or putting them in the game is a good way to get to know them as they recognize and respect those who tip.
Sorry for my many daily posts. I am a retired professional and I love to chat about gambling. I also enjoy reading and can't help but to reply to some fantastic articles.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 65
March 26th, 2018 at 7:08:44 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I don't play a great deal of craps but have never seen a player get tipped. Seems to me like the kind of thing that is more likely to happen to women. There was a scene in Sex and the City where Carrie was tipped $1,000, if I remember correctly, at the table.

I have seen it a couple of times. I don't *think* I have ever been personally tipped. But it easily could have happened and I forgot.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Laymedown
Laymedown
March 26th, 2018 at 7:18:55 AM permalink
Tipping is hard to recognize due to most of them are called out to the stick man.
"for the shooter" is used most often at the tables when a gambler throws in a chip to the stick man and requests a number to be placed for the shooter as a recognizable tip.
"2 way" (Mostly refers to the placing an extra chip on a number for the dealers)

It's true though, very seldom you would see a dealer getting a tip as your just about to leave the table or a player personally tipping a shooter.
Sorry for my many daily posts. I am a retired professional and I love to chat about gambling. I also enjoy reading and can't help but to reply to some fantastic articles.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 16
Thanks for this post from:
GlenG
March 26th, 2018 at 7:50:42 AM permalink
Quote: Laymedown

Gambling is gambling in general with any game but tipping is also just as important. When approaching a craps table, don't just jump in. Look at the players and recognize your regulars first and let the table go a round of shooters and visually capture what their trends are, what they are rolling with the dice, if they are DI shooters, Repeat shooters, or random rollers.

Tend to focus more on repeat shooters and tip them or putting them in the game is a good way to get to know them as they recognize and respect those who tip.

Hahahahahahahahaha... “clears throat” hahahahahahahaha... my stomach hurts from laughing so hard!

Stay hydrated my friend!
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
Laymedown
Laymedown
March 26th, 2018 at 8:42:19 AM permalink
What's so funny?
Are you too cheap to tip?
You finding it funny that tipping is part of the game?
Do you think i'm funny?
Do I amuse you?
Am I a comedian is that what you're trying to say?
Please explain when you clear your throat.

Keep in mind:
I just approach gambling differently by betting on shooters probabilities more than house stuff.
Kinda like in poker, many will utilize their skills from player history and player styles, and not necessarily the cards dealt.

Yes I said it. Craps is similar to poker. You play the player and not the cards.

Even craps is big for tipping due to the fact that the dealer who spins the wheel may have some potential to roll your numbers.

I honestly would never ever tip the roulette dealer but I would put him/her in the game by simply asking "What is your favorite number?" then place a chip on that number for the dealer and bet all the numbers next to that one.
Last edited by: Laymedown on Mar 26, 2018
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 16
HunterhillGlenG
March 26th, 2018 at 9:23:20 AM permalink

What's so funny?
Are you too cheap to tip?
You finding it funny that tipping is part of the game?
Do you think i'm funny?
Do I amuse you?
Am I a comedian is that what you're trying to say?
Please explain when you clear your throat.

Keep in mind:
I just approach gambling differently by betting on shooters probabilities more than house stuff.
Kinda like in poker, many will utilize their skills from player history and player styles, and not necessarily the cards dealt.

Yes I said it. Craps is similar to poker. You play the player and not the cards.

Even craps is big for tipping due to the fact that the dealer who spins the wheel may have some potential to roll your numbers.

I honestly would never ever tip the roulette dealer but I would put him/her in the game by simply asking "What is your favorite number?" then place a chip on that number for the dealer and bet all the numbers next to that one.

Tipping is not the funny thing at all. You thinking that you can beat craps is hilarious. Bet the shooter? You dice guys are all just laughable. You can’t beat craps, not possible. Enjoy the game and realize that the house always wins. Or keep pretending you can know which shooter is good. You should message Watchmewin, you two would get along well.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 82
PokerGrinderRogerKintRS
March 26th, 2018 at 9:25:22 AM permalink

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1069
Laymedown
March 26th, 2018 at 9:31:58 AM permalink

Let me guess, a Frank Scoblete fan?

Like Frank, I'm sure you're a very nice person. Your tips are not going to go over well with most members, including me, so brace yourself for some resistance.
Last edited by: Wizard on Mar 26, 2018
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 66
March 26th, 2018 at 9:48:52 AM permalink
I have not, nor will I ever tip another player for any reason.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!

• Jump to: