dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 1157
Joined: Jan 17, 2013
January 14th, 2016 at 8:13:55 AM permalink
I would like to congratulate the guys on here that are always critical
about anything said that does not meet their narrow minded
expectation about what can happen at a craps table and what a good
shooter can or can't do.

You have driven off every decent craps player.....

great Job....... now you can sit and talk about whether or not you should
be $54 across or put it all on the line hoping for the big quick score.

You have made this the perfect forum for new craps players..

dicesetter
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1916
Joined: Dec 5, 2011
January 14th, 2016 at 8:18:56 AM permalink
Quote: dicesitter



You have driven off every decent craps player.....

dicesetter



Then what are you still doing here ;)
100% risk of ruin
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
  • Posts: 3493
Joined: Jul 3, 2015
January 14th, 2016 at 8:41:21 AM permalink
That's funny
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
January 14th, 2016 at 8:55:04 AM permalink
A "decent" "good" or "smart" craps player will NEVER play craps.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 5607
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
January 14th, 2016 at 9:02:47 AM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

I would like to congratulate the guys on here that are always critical
about anything said that does not meet their narrow minded
expectation about what can happen at a craps table and what a good
shooter can or can't do.

You have driven off every decent craps player.....

great Job....... now you can sit and talk about whether or not you should
be $54 across or put it all on the line hoping for the big quick score.

You have made this the perfect forum for new craps players..

dicesetter

I haven't had much craps discussion nor commented on any hot topics such as "good shooters" or "dice setting," but I probably view it the same way... Give me any kind of real proof (throw 50,000 rolls and beat expectation clearly) and I'd hop on board. The fact that no one has EVER been able to do this is pretty obvious what the truth of the matter is. Occam's Razor...

That being said I'd never want to drive someone from a site, and I encourage open discussion. If you're going to make claims in BJ, VP, Craps, Slots, online gambling, or whatever, by in large the majority here expects you to be able to back up those claims. If that's what drives people from the site, then it's not us, it's a lack of evidence that's shunning them from continuing their arguments.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
standbymyman
standbymyman
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 182
Joined: Feb 13, 2015
January 14th, 2016 at 9:03:57 AM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

I would like to congratulate the guys on here that are always critical
about anything said that does not meet their narrow minded
expectation about what can happen at a craps table and what a good
shooter can or can't do.

You have driven off every decent craps player.....

great Job....... now you can sit and talk about whether or not you should
be $54 across or put it all on the line hoping for the big quick score.

You have made this the perfect forum for new craps players..

dicesetter




Good shooter? No such exists. No bad shooters, either.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 4140
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
January 14th, 2016 at 9:41:33 AM permalink
All those dice setters, and craps still survives. I don't get it.
A falling knife has no handle.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
Joined: May 22, 2013
January 14th, 2016 at 9:45:22 AM permalink
Don't beat up the game of craps. It is a ton of fun and has a vibe that is hard to match anywhere else in the casino, or so I've been told.
I don't play craps ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
ukaserex
ukaserex
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 262
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
January 14th, 2016 at 9:51:43 AM permalink
I've never played craps. Just never looked like fun to me - all those people crowding around, screaming "easy six" or "Easy eight". Too much noise for my tastes.
"Those who have no idea what they are doing, genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they are doing." - John Cleese
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
January 14th, 2016 at 10:18:42 AM permalink
dicesitter who has been run off who's a "decent player"?

Dicesitter (no1 cares)
Ahigh (not because of craps)
Alan (no explanation necessary)
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22296
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
January 14th, 2016 at 10:35:19 AM permalink
"GREAT JOB" I agree.


If the forum and it's members that was (a forum that was originally dedicated to making gamblers smarter) has successfully quelled the BS'ers

I call that a Victory.

DI=bunk, If not whomever is actually doing it should be jumping for joy.

You should be happy because if the casinos really though DI was possible, you wouldn't get to attempt it.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
January 14th, 2016 at 11:38:45 AM permalink
Craps is FUN

I like rooting for a seven

Blackjack is FUN

I like getting BJs and getting paid

You can quantify how much of an advantage you have in blackjack, and make money doing so.

Not in craps. It's just FUN

I sound like mustangsally, someone hit me. With a monkey on my 11.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
January 14th, 2016 at 11:45:32 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

Craps is FUN

I like rooting for a seven

Blackjack is FUN

I like getting BJs and getting paid

You can quantify how much of an advantage you have in blackjack, and make money doing so.

Not in craps. It's just FUN

I sound like mustangsally, someone hit me. With a monkey on my 11.



What're you talking about? I bet I can play craps with a significant advantage. :)
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
January 14th, 2016 at 12:04:06 PM permalink
Quote: RS

What're you talking about? I bet I can play craps with a significant advantage. :)



How many yo's in a row?
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
January 14th, 2016 at 12:46:23 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

How many yo's in a row?



Yos are easy. I shoot for 12's, boxcars baby!!
BasesLoaded
BasesLoaded
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 49
Joined: Jan 8, 2016
January 14th, 2016 at 1:25:16 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf


You should be happy because if the casinos really though DI was possible, you wouldn't get to attempt it.



This is my argument against DI. If even 1 person could accomplish it (not 1%, 1), then the casinos would take drastic measures to ensure it couldn't happen - you would throw the dice out of a cup. Like Yahtzee.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 6526
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
January 14th, 2016 at 2:17:20 PM permalink
Quote: BasesLoaded

This is my argument against DI. If even 1 person could accomplish it (not 1%, 1), then the casinos would take drastic measures to ensure it couldn't happen - you would throw the dice out of a cup. Like Yahtzee.

Except they already have, and that's why you throw against the rubber bumpers and the rolls don't count otherwise. It was well known in the middle of last century that playing dice without a back wall (e.g., on an army blanket) or with a flat back wall was beatable with a skillful throw. Here's a picture of an elephant shooting craps in 1966 at the Dunes. The pyramids are clearly visible:


The fact is that casinos have made no substantive game protection changes in the table equipment or craps rules in over fifty years. That means they haven't had to. Compare and contrast with the numerous protection-related changes made to blackjack, including dealer peek mirrors and 6-to-5 on naturals. If anyone is out there beating the game of craps with skillful throwing, the casinos haven't noticed any impact to the bottom line. And that doesn't jive with the results claimed by the dice throwing seminar gurus ("You'll have a SRR of 9! You'll have a 20% player edge on the passline!").

Bottom line, I'm with you, I don't think anyone's really doing it. I think lots of people *think* they can control the dice, but that's more wishful thinking than properly-verified evidence.

I still want to test the question of whether a properly-constructed robotic arm could do it (and if not, then neither can a human) but that's a different topic.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 1157
Joined: Jan 17, 2013
January 14th, 2016 at 8:27:05 PM permalink
Axelwolf


You did not debunk anything, you just looked a little silly.

All the folks that believe otherwise still do, they just do in other
ways and different forums.

The most amazing part of your posting was a comment about dedicating this
site to making gamblers smarter..... I almost fell off my chair...

I am still laughing....

I will check back in few months, if the math of the game changes so you can bet your
way to constant wins... I will be impressed. In the meantime I guess I will sleep better
knowing you have made the average gambler a lot smarter.

dicesetter
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
  • Posts: 3493
Joined: Jul 3, 2015
January 14th, 2016 at 8:36:32 PM permalink
I have never seen axel look silly ( well except the one time he was drunk- but that's another story). Di does not exist - sorry you absolutely have no substance to say it's possible ...::: the fact that you say we chased away good members
IE someone who thinks he saw 18 hoes
Another guy who lost 30 hands of blackjack at 30 different tables with thirty different dealers in 30 minutes and I think someone else who hit back to back power all jackpots.
Are we really missing anything? It was their choice to leave...... As of now I'm missing kentry
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 6526
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
January 14th, 2016 at 9:12:49 PM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

The most amazing part of your posting was a comment about dedicating this
site to making gamblers smarter..... I almost fell off my chair...

Well, dedication to a goal and sincere, repetitive effort toward that goal are still no guarantors of success.

But you know all about that.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
January 14th, 2016 at 9:22:16 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing


IE someone who thinks he saw 18 hoes



A stroll down tropicana ave at night
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 8158
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
January 14th, 2016 at 10:51:59 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

A stroll down tropicana ave at night



Yo, ho!

Yo!

Hey man, I banged EIGHTEEN HO's in a row, one after the other.

I owe it all to the posts on the 'net about dick influencing.

OK, where's number 19?
"What, me worry?"
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22296
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
January 15th, 2016 at 5:57:39 AM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

Axelwolf


You did not debunk anything, you just looked a little silly.

All the folks that believe otherwise still do, they just do in other
ways and different forums.

The most amazing part of your posting was a comment about dedicating this
site to making gamblers smarter..... I almost fell off my chair...

I am still laughing....

I will check back in few months, if the math of the game changes so you can bet your
way to constant wins... I will be impressed. In the meantime I guess I will sleep better
knowing you have made the average gambler a lot smarter.

dicesetter

IMO your reading comprehension is worst than my spelling and sentence structure.The only time I used the word I was when I said," I call that a Victory. "

Where did I say, I debunked anything?

I would be willing to bet you this site has made gamblers smarter. So why are you laughing?

I propose a bet. We can pick 10 random people of significant education and they can vote whether or not this site has made gamblers smarter gamblers. People can post their experience.

If you have a problem with a majority of the outspoken people on this site why do you wast your time?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I have an idea.

We can make a worthwhile bet. I have a felling we could get as much action as you and the DI believers could handle (significantly more than you could make over thousands of hours of craps play)
Sign a confidentiality agreement with Michael S. AKA the Wizard and prove you can roll better than random. I don't even care if it's not enough to beat the game. Just you or ANYONE prove you can roll better (or worst) than random. Michael S can simple confirm if in fact you can do as you claim .

YOU WON'T....Because YOU CAN'T nor can anyone you know.

I get it,you want to believe it so much because you have a love for craps, you are stubborn because you invested tons of time and money.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 327
  • Posts: 9644
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
January 15th, 2016 at 6:53:00 AM permalink
Quote: ukaserex

I've never played craps. Just never looked like fun to me - all those people crowding around, screaming "easy six" or "Easy eight". Too much noise for my tastes.



Easy? If I could have booked those bets I could have cleaned up in the past! j/k

don't go ukaserex! ... just kidding!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
Joined: May 22, 2013
January 15th, 2016 at 8:14:47 AM permalink
"<edit> deleted"
Last edited by: TwoFeathersATL on Jan 15, 2016
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 1157
Joined: Jan 17, 2013
January 15th, 2016 at 8:46:05 AM permalink
math


I agree completely with your comment.

But here is my but...... Just because the world of gambling is full of suckers
does not mean everyone is. Just because 100 people try something and
95 of them fail does not mean something can not be done.

The truth of the matter is very simple, you honestly have no idea whether or
not Alan saw the yo's, you have no idea what my toss can do, you have no idea
what my team mates can do or anything other person in the country can do.
You have no real knowledge of anything except your opinion.
Axel has no idea of anything...except his opinion.

And yes to me Axel looks very silly, I have played 40 years, worked on my shot the last 7-8
I understand what my shot can do and what it certainly cant do.....( laughing) do you think
I am going to believe what Axel says or what I know, when it comes to my shot????

Now I did not say anything about winning or losing or being a life time winner, I have spoken
on this site and others about the ability to alter number arrangements with different sets. Note
this statement did not indicate you can change the number of 7's you get, it does suggest you
can change the specific 7 you get.... I am sure of that.

This does not mean the average person can at this time win more, I suspect for the vast
majority, maybe 95 out of a hundred that can never happen. But the fact that there can
be 5 is exciting. I would much rather listen to our nonsense trying to be one of the 5, than
one of the 95.
As far as casino's not caring. this is nonsense, I have been told not to play at several places, we
had another one close the table to setting 1 month ago. I know dice setting is good for a
casino because the 95 out of a hundred that cant will lose much more than the 5 that can.
But the idea that a casino does not think a players advantage is possible is a lie.

So you guys think you won a battle all you have done it limit the discussion to the art of
the impossible... may make sense to you...not me.

Soon will see something new in the world of craps... it is will be fun and exciting, I am sure
I will not see you or Axel participating because you would not bet on yourself.


dicesetter
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 6526
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
January 15th, 2016 at 9:14:37 AM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

And yes to me Axel looks very silly, I have played 40 years, worked on my shot the last 7-8
I understand what my shot can do and what it certainly cant do.....( laughing) do you think
I am going to believe what Axel says or what I know, when it comes to my shot????


I don't think it's true that you "understand what your shot can do". You've never been able to precisely articulate it. Here's another opportunity to address the point:

Q: If you set both dice with five facing up and six facing forward, and you throw them with "your shot", what is the expected probability of each face on each die?

If you can't answer that question, you don't understand anything relevant to "what your shot can do." If you can answer the question, and the answer is "1/6 for both dice" then your shot does exactly what mine does: moves the dice from one end of the table to the other.

Quote:

Now I did not say anything about winning or losing or being a life time winner, I have spoken
on this site and others about the ability to alter number arrangements with different sets. Note
this statement did not indicate you can change the number of 7's you get, it does suggest you
can change the specific 7 you get.... I am sure of that.


Lots of people have spoken about contrails being evidence of aliens in the atmosphere. Doesn't make it true. Your theories are unsupported by any evidence, and handwavy arguments don't work here. If you want anyone to take you seriously you're going to need to actually demonstrate that you can "alter number arrangements with different sets." Not just talk about it.

Because as others have rightly pointed out, it's very easy to delude yourself into believing falsehoods when it comes to randomness. Humans are hardwired to favor confirmation bias. It's just the way we're built. That's why learning to overcome those biases is important when collecting data. I don't think you've done that, but I also don't think you've run anything remotely resembling a correct experiment. All you've done is spend over seven years (!) practicing throwing the dice, without any quantifiable evidence that your time has been effectively spent. That's unfortunate. If all you're holding is a fervent belief that "your shot works," well, that shouldn't be enough. It certainly wouldn't be for me. So you've got two choices. If you don't care what others believe, it's not clear why you keep making unsupported, implausible claims about your dice-control effectiveness. If you do care, it's going to take more than those naked claims to convince anyone.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 8158
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
January 15th, 2016 at 10:01:59 AM permalink
Quote:

=MathExtremist All you've done is spend over seven years (!) practicing throwing the dice, without any quantifiable evidence that your time has been effectively spent. That's unfortunate.



"Unfortunate" in more ways than one.

He hasn't profited from his efforts.

Which would be OK for a random shooter playing a negative expectation game, but I thought the point of him spending hundreds of hours "practicing" at home was to make money at the casino?
Last edited by: MrV on Jan 15, 2016
"What, me worry?"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
January 15th, 2016 at 1:06:22 PM permalink
I don't see this thread going anywhere productive, and it seems to be spiraling downward into a morass. All parties have been heard, so I'm closing it. Thank you.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: