GamecoxJax
GamecoxJax
  • Threads: 10
January 6th, 2016 at 12:43:30 PM permalink
How many DCs should you follow a DP with? Assuming 10$ min, laying 3X odds

Is it 2, and then replace if one gets taken out? Should you replace with the shooter hitting point? Or wait until a 7? Basically limiting yourself to losing 3 numbers in any given game?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 6th, 2016 at 12:46:36 PM permalink
Quote: GamecoxJax

Is it 2, and then replace if one gets taken out? Should you replace with the shooter hitting point? Or wait until a 7? Basically limiting yourself to losing 3 numbers in any given game?

The correct answer is as many as you want. Each $10 DC bet, with odds or not, expect to lose a bit over a dime.
It can't be stated more simply.....
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 6th, 2016 at 12:49:09 PM permalink
Quote: GamecoxJax

As SOOPOO said, it depends on how much action you want. When I play, I usually play DP + DC until the 7 out. This is very profitable when the shooter throws 3-4 numbers then the 7 out... and it pounds me hard when the shooter throws the SAME number 5-6 times in a turn.

Just know each time your bet actually travels to a number, that's when it becomes a favorite. Sometimes I do stick to only 2-3 DC's and I max my odds on them. There's a billion different ways to play a losing game of craps =P... Find the one that makes the most excitement/seems to work for you, and go with it.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
GamecoxJax
GamecoxJax
  • Threads: 10
January 6th, 2016 at 12:52:11 PM permalink
So constantly doing a DC, with no odds, to create more action, or 2 DCs, with 3x odds..... A matter of personal gambling preference? Or is one a better way to go?
Pinit2winit
Pinit2winit
  • Threads: 25
January 6th, 2016 at 1:20:00 PM permalink
In the long run youre losing your money slowly. However much money you like in action at one time is the correct answer here. Most people choose 2 DC or continuous. PS if youre not taking odds just play pass or dont pass.... or play blackjack
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
January 6th, 2016 at 1:25:33 PM permalink
I don't think it's a great idea to do continual DC - and some stage once you established some numbers it's best to stop. What you're hoping for is to establish all your numbers and then get the 7-out - however in practice it more likely that you'll lose a few bets before the 7-out. On a hot shooter all the bets will lose.

If you wanted to (say) make $15 bet, then it's best to make a base bet of $5 and have $10 odds (or similar numbers). In your particular case you'll lose less in the long run having fewer bets with odds.
rushdl
rushdl
  • Threads: 9
January 18th, 2016 at 5:04:30 PM permalink
May I suggest...
Continual?
DC=$5 then odds of 12 no matter what the number
DC again for as long as you like.
IF a number comes down you'll be going back up with 18, insuring a profit.
IF a number comes down again for instance you go back up with 24, insuring a profit.

remember if a 4/10 gets knocked down you need to pump it up a touch in odds just to break even.

I would not do this on a hot table man, never on a hot table.
I bring this out when I see a table go to crap and nobody rolls long.
The 12 dollar odds are generally set to protect the next $5 dollar DC which is what usually happens. Get a couple of these up and BAM, patron.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 18th, 2016 at 5:13:51 PM permalink
Personally, I have concluded you can have too much in action darkside same as rightside. Though I agree it is a matter of personal preference

It's a little counter-intuitive darkside, as you feel you are building up a situation that is more and more favorable the more numbers there are to resolve. But the fact is, it's a lot to have in action and if it's more than you would do rightside it might be more than you want to do darkside too.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: