betwthelines
betwthelines
  • Threads: 8
June 9th, 2015 at 12:47:32 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

Nope! The worst bet is the pass line after the point is established as a four or a ten.

On crapless, it's when the point is aces or twelve.

It is quite stupid to make a pass line bet after a 4,10,2 or 12 is the point, dont you think?.
tom "home runs are sometimes boring" p
"You can't EXPECT to win. But you CAN play Tough"...tom p, 1974
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 9th, 2015 at 4:08:36 AM permalink
Quote: betwthelines

It is quite stupid to make a pass line bet after a 4,10,2 or 12 is the point, dont you think?.
tom "home runs are sometimes boring" p

Of course it's stupid. It has a high HE.

But then again, every bet (except odds) also has a HE. Some bets are stupider (or more stupid) than others.

Not relating to the field per se, but an interesting thing I just thought of regarding dumb-luck / luck...Guy walks up to the table, asks to get marked up for $540 across, $100 all the hardways [each]. He's hitting, pressing and pressing...asks for another marker for $1K on the 4 (point)....finally starts collecting, paying off his markers....then asks to be "marked up" for $1K in the field...of course it hits and he pays it off. Constantly asking to get "marked up" for certain bets and paying them off a roll or two later. He was just running circles around the floor person. 10 minutes later there's a 7 out and he leaves with a quick +$20K.

It's pretty funny when in the middle of a roll (ie: shooter got the dice about to throw) guy might say "mark me up for all the hardways hopping $100 each", a hardway hits the next roll, then he says like "give me $2700, pay off the marker with the other $400" [i don't remember exactly what he said or how that stuff works].

• Jump to: