Thread Rating:

Nostron
Nostron
Joined: Jan 7, 2013
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 140
March 17th, 2015 at 8:41:02 AM permalink
So one player had 2 stacks in the field too close together or it was two different players?
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 10548
March 17th, 2015 at 11:01:32 AM permalink
He should have moved the other chip stack, clearly indicating that the die was leaning against the first stack. Then move that first stack, and there you have your final roll. Bottom line, it was the same.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
seadragon
seadragon
Joined: Mar 16, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 14
March 17th, 2015 at 8:00:20 PM permalink
Quote: mustangsally

no re-roll unless the die was actually NOT touching the table
i have seen this a few times actually


i say
total blame is on all the pass line players at the table

players make the field bet themselves and should always leave space between different stacks of chips, i have dealers tell players many times this when their odds are too close to their pass line bet


so, 1% fault on the dealers

and 99% fault on all the pass line players
so i guess about 9% is your fault

unless you want to take all the fault for this happening



Thanks for the reply and good point. One of the twos stacks was mine - Two of us were standing at the end of the table and we were playing the field on almost every roll (since we both had 5,6 & 7) - in pulling money of the field our bets ended up too close to each other.

I can't remember if the die in question was touching the table (it was held up the chips - they were tight together in the corner of the field). When the stickman finally complied with the boxman, he jerked the chips away (perhaps to get a little momentum on the die going to continue the roll - a few of us were playing pass line bets and backing them up with odds for the casino).

Lesson learned on keeping chips separate.
seadragon
seadragon
Joined: Mar 16, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 14
March 17th, 2015 at 8:01:33 PM permalink
Quote: Nostron

So one player had 2 stacks in the field too close together or it was two different players?



Two different players.
seadragon
seadragon
Joined: Mar 16, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 14
March 17th, 2015 at 8:02:50 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

He should have moved the other chip stack, clearly indicating that the die was leaning against the first stack. Then move that first stack, and there you have your final roll. Bottom line, it was the same.



I would have been satisfied with this, and it was truly on it's edge, too tall to call. The outrage of the table came from it would have definitely fallen to six with a pull the other way.
seadragon
seadragon
Joined: Mar 16, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 14
March 17th, 2015 at 8:07:06 PM permalink
Quote: sc15

Don't write to MGM.

Write to gaming. (If this is true, I highly doubt this story is true).



Thanks for the tip. Sadly, this story is very true (although I get that people gripe about bad beats everyday and skew the facts).

I wish I had thought to get some of the peoples info at the table to encourage everyone to write Gaming. It wasn't a bunch of people taking a hit at the end of a bad beat - it was a bunch of people who were all up and couldn't believe the casino would make such a deliberate move to seven out a table. Three men were literally trying to push in behind the table to get in the bowman's face - the rules of etiquette ceased to exist to everyone at the table. Never seen anything like it!
seadragon
seadragon
Joined: Mar 16, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 14
March 17th, 2015 at 8:12:45 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Imagine all such objects are ice cubes.... as they slowly melt ... what will happen to the die.

It is a judgment call... its like a die bouncing off a girl's sweater. If its tightly woven, the roll counts. If its a loose, fuzzy weave that interferes with the progress of the die, its a no-roll.

Boxman's word is supposed to be final. Period.

Gaming calls for sums above 500 would have shut the table until an agent arrives.



This might explain why the base dealers and stickman wouldn't pick up the money at first - they let it sit for five minutes while talking to the boxman. Then, while all the players continued to yell at the Boxman and no shooter when throw a come out roll, the pit bosses replaced the bowman.
seadragon
seadragon
Joined: Mar 16, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 14
March 17th, 2015 at 8:16:56 PM permalink
Quote: sc15

Don't write to MGM.

Write to gaming. (If this is true, I highly doubt this story is true).

Quote: seadragon

Thanks for the tip. Sadly, this story is very true (although I get that people gripe about bad beats everyday and skew the facts).

I wish I had thought to get some of the peoples info at the table to encourage everyone to write Gaming. It wasn't a bunch of people taking a hit at the end of a bad beat - it was a bunch of people who were all up and couldn't believe the casino would make such a deliberate move to seven out a table. Three men were literally trying to push in behind the table to get in the bowman's face - the rules of etiquette ceased to exist to everyone at the table. Never seen anything like it!



Also, how do I write to gaming?
Sigsev
Sigsev
Joined: Mar 6, 2015
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 28
March 17th, 2015 at 8:17:13 PM permalink
Too tall to call normally refers to a die in a player's chip rack. If a die is caught between two bets and is on its edge, usually they will call a suspended die and a no roll. Without actually being there I can't say what is the correct call, but the box always has the final say. This isn't something you can go to the cameras on either, since you would never be able to tell what the die is actually doing from a surveillance shot. Yelling is definitely not going to accomplish anything. If the table was as good as you said, I'd just be happy with my win and color up and leave.

I always tell people to put air between their bets and mine, or I'll move my bet somewhere else.
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
Joined: Jul 26, 2010
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 986
March 17th, 2015 at 8:21:02 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

He should have moved the other chip stack, clearly indicating that the die was leaning against the first stack. Then move that first stack, and there you have your final roll. Bottom line, it was the same.



Thank you for that great explanation! It's too bad that the boxman didn't give the players a lecture and demonstration of that effect (by standing the other die between two stacks of chips) before he had one of the stacks moved.

  • Jump to: