Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 29th, 2013 at 6:07:33 PM permalink
" By the way, i am hoping a friend who I introduced to craps last vegas trip will be able to make it again. Mike can vouch for her photogenicity. " Does this mean SOOPOO and HB have kissed and made up ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
January 29th, 2013 at 7:29:42 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

" By the way, i am hoping a friend who I introduced to craps last vegas trip will be able to make it again. Mike can vouch for her photogenicity. " Does this mean SOOPOO and HB have kissed and made up ?

Nah, its not HB. It's a coworker who happened to be in Vegas last time I was there. She just happens to be beautiful, too. I don't think HB has shown any interest in this subject.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 29th, 2013 at 7:38:01 PM permalink
Gee, I knew that. Just wanted to see if HB was tracking you. Now you ruined it. LOL
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 86
January 31st, 2013 at 9:58:29 AM permalink
Quote: sodawater

OK, the question needs to be asked: have you completely lost touch with reality? media coverage? Live, televised, event?

Here is what (probably) is going to happen. Two guys meet up at your house and roll some dice for a few hours, then post about it on the web.

If I am wrong I guess I will watch it on live tv.

I just wanted to bring up this post from January 20th (less than two weeks ago). I had never known anything at all about doing live broadcasts online when I posted about having a crowd of viewers.

Last Tuesday we had 20 concurrent viewers for a full two hours and 130 total viewers for the show.

By the time we get to broadcasting the March 11th event, I hope to have someone to volunteer to operate the ATEM Television Studio hardware from my MacBook Pro and have something that looks very professional for the Wizard's and SOOPOO's event. I will continue to refine my setup so we can do this right!

I got permission to get the day off from work for this event too. Ustream can handle as many viewers as we could possibly hope to expect to receive.

It is shaping up to be quite the event and I am looking forward to everyone's participation. Please help spread the word about the event as we get closer. Also, I don't get ads when I view stuff, so I don't know if it's because I have adblock, or because I have my own show that I don't see ads, but I don't. So you may want to look into how to get around the ads with UStream before the show so you don't miss any of it.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 123
January 31st, 2013 at 2:10:11 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

Last Tuesday we had 20 concurrent viewers for a full two hours and 130 total viewers for the show.

I want to personally congratulate you on your viewership, (I was one of them, but not concurrent) Aaron. It may not seem like that much, but with aggressive promoting, you could easily see a number in the thousands by the time of this event (and for subsequent shows) given your rate of increase.

If I may ask, is that 130 viewers based upon unique IP's, or is it just everytime someone jumps on? If it is the latter, I apologize, but I am at least three (maybe four) of your viewers.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Ahigh
Ahigh
January 31st, 2013 at 2:18:03 PM permalink
Hey, thanks a lot for the kind words. I want to reiterate that all of this is just for fun and we're not proving anything, just having a good time. But I want as many people as possible to participate in the event and try to do something new with the live broadcast.

Tupp is going to see if he can make it, and he has experience with TV stuff. I'm a newb with all this gear and HDMI's and mixers and stuff. So I can use some help, especially if Tupp can't make it to work the controls. But most importantly, this is not Ahigh against the WOV. This is a broadcast for the WOV and for you guys to participate in and have a good time.

I am putting a whole lot of effort into trying to make this the most that it can be and I appreciate everyone's support and cooperation!
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 93
January 31st, 2013 at 2:35:03 PM permalink
Do not underestimate the web audience. Remember... there are youtube videos that receive hundreds of thousands of views in a week's time.
tupp
tupp
  • Threads: 3
February 5th, 2013 at 10:57:44 AM permalink
Just want to announce that Ahigh has received my $100 to hold for my bet with Buzzard on the upcoming dice trial with the shooter nickolay411.

I have also added incentive funds for nickolay411 that he will get if he achieves his goal. Such a bonus was suggested by Ahigh earlier in this thread.

Looking forward to the event!
Ahigh
Ahigh
February 5th, 2013 at 11:21:18 AM permalink
The Television Broadcast equipment will be here on Thursday. It's in transit. That will give me some time before next week's show to figure out how it works and buy a rack mount for it at guitar center or wherever I can find it. Tonight viewers will just have to deal with a couple seconds of the broadcast disappearing when I switch cameras.

I encourage others to pump up the pot for Nickolay. He is really the only one stepping up to the plate here. All these other guys who sell classes are either unaware of what I am doing or are otherwise afraid of being exposed in a live event to the truth of their throwing abilities as graphed out by my software in real time as they perform.

A live performance is truly the only litmus test worthy of being believable and if dice control is possible, it should be trivial to invite those who want to be believed to..

SHOW ME DON'T TELL ME
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
February 5th, 2013 at 1:49:31 PM permalink
I heard that Honey Boo boo might drop by.

Hey, maybe you can "accidentally" drop a hive of wasps on her, or "accidentally" run her over with a lawn mower.

That would go viral, and give you the attention you seek.

Just sayin' ...
"What, me worry?"

• Jump to: