Blackjack123
Blackjack123
  • Threads: 1
May 13th, 2012 at 2:55:42 PM permalink
Wizard,

You have produced various EV for specific hands in your appendix 9. My question is simply (although likely very complex) the formula to calculate the EV of a given hand (we can exclude splits at the moment) with n decks. Importantly, I'm looking for something that could incorporate previous cards played; i.e. I'd like to be able to determine the EV of any hand, for n decks, no matter where we are in the shoe (we would obviously know what cards had been played previously).

For example: N decks; Dealer shows 4 and Player has a 9, 6; an A, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 10, 10 (or whatever) have already been played. What's our EV to hit/stand/double?

I believe you use a recursive algorithm, but I'm not sure it calculates previous cards played, is that something you are able to share? If not, any advice on how to calculate the EV would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and help.

-John
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
May 13th, 2012 at 3:10:02 PM permalink
There is source code on the Internet. Search for the Eric Farmer code for starters.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
  • Jump to: