Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
April 9th, 2012 at 3:35:51 AM permalink
This is kind of a silly thread/question, but my one memory of Stardust was a strange game that I played there that seemed to be popular back in the day.

It was an 8-deck blackjack game, but it was dealt from the hand in 2-deck increments. If you walked up, you would think it was an ordinary Double deck game, but in reality, a shuffler was mixing cards up and sending them out in 2 decks. I can't imagine that you could count it properly, and I haven't seen those stand up shufflers in a while. I know I read an article that advised people to stay away from them, so maybe it got a bad reputation?

Does anybody know why these games died?
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
April 9th, 2012 at 9:02:50 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
April 9th, 2012 at 9:30:27 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Why shouldn't they get a bad rep. This scam of a bj game fools the unsuspecting ploppie into thinking its a good DD game which it is not. It is nothing more than an 8 decker with 25% or less penetration.

AMEN>
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
April 9th, 2012 at 1:27:57 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Why shouldn't they get a bad rep. This scam of a bj game fools the unsuspecting ploppie into thinking its a good DD game which it is not. It is nothing more than an 8 decker with 25% or less penetration.

I'm not saying it didn't deserve a bad rep. I'm just wondering what happened to them. It seemed to me, at the time, they were making a big scene on the floor. Perhaps they were going from mostly single and double deck games into shoe games and to transition, that was the solution.

I'm pretty sure that was the only game I played ever at the Stardust, and if I remember correctly, I had a nice little run on the game.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
  • Jump to: