dnice21
dnice21
  • Threads: 3
July 10th, 2011 at 12:59:22 PM permalink
So occasionally when just playing for fun, or if I lose track of the count, I employ a psuedo counting method where instead of counting each card, I consider all the hands across the table as a whole as a +1, -1, or 0. I used to do this when I was still very much a beginner at counting & couldn't always keep up with the count, but now only when I either lost track or I'm just playing casually with friends. For me, its much easier to look at a table and tell if its going to be a positive or negative count at the end of the deal, as opposed to calculating an exact number from each individual card. If its not blatantly obvious at a glance, I'll either count it for real or just assign that deal a 0. At a full or mostly full table...it would seem this is a safe simplified alternative to a "true count". You won't know exactly how positive or how negative the shoe is, but the effect of multiple decks would be diminished due to the number of hands on the table being counted together as as 1 , even without dividing by the number of decks.

Obviously it doesn't give the full advantage an actual count, but does anybody know if I'm completely imagining any advantage from treating a high "psuedo count" as a high actual count using the basic "hi-lo" system?
iwannaiguana
iwannaiguana
  • Threads: 7
July 10th, 2011 at 1:52:47 PM permalink
Well this would be better than no method. Whether you'd have an advantage or not depends on how close this method comes to the true count and what your spread is.
DonPedro
DonPedro
  • Threads: 92
July 11th, 2011 at 8:39:05 AM permalink
Proportion count -

based on the avg. of 3 cards per hand

hands consisting of:

no 10/A= + 1
1 10/A= 0
2 10/A -1
" If I had the money and the drinking capacity, I'd probably live at a blackjak table and let my life go to hell." Don Pedro
  • Jump to: