NoDAS
Double on any
Resplit to 2 hands
No resplit aces, no hitting split aces
standard peek game
No surrender
Shuffled after every hand

Single deck basic strategy
https://wizardofodds.com/blackjack/strategy/1deck.html (right chart)

the house edge calculator says that for this game the optimal (composition dependent strategy) is .168%, and the realistic is .32% (including cut card effect), and the numbers for my sim (which uses basic strategy, not composition dependent, but does not have a cut card effect) come in between that so it looks good, but it'd look even better if I had the EXACT edge. If I put a cut card in with 19 cards left i get a .38% edge which is higher then what's stated (eg. if # of cards remaining < 20 at the start of the hand, so if there's 19 or less, shuffle. No burn card).

I run my sim for 100 million hands
Jufo81
Jufo81
  • Threads: 6
February 16th, 2011 at 4:56:32 AM permalink
Quote: f2d

Single Deck 3:2
H17
NoDAS
Double on any
Resplit to 2 hands
No resplit aces, no hitting split aces
standard peek game
No surrender
Shuffled after every hand

Single deck basic strategy
https://wizardofodds.com/blackjack/strategy/1deck.html (right chart)

the house edge calculator says that for this game the optimal (composition dependent strategy) is .168%, and the realistic is .32% (including cut card effect), and the numbers for my sim (which uses basic strategy, not composition dependent, but does not have a cut card effect) come in between that so it looks good, but it'd look even better if I had the EXACT edge. If I put a cut card in with 19 cards left i get a .38% edge which is higher then what's stated (eg. if # of cards remaining < 20 at the start of the hand, so if there's 19 or less, shuffle. No burn card).

I run my sim for 100 million hands

Why would you calculate cut card effect if the game is shuffled after every hand? You should simply use the house edge assuming shuffle after every hand.

You get the exact house edge by inputting the rules into the following calculator and then pressing button Calculate House Edge: http://www.beatingbonuses.com/houseedge.htm
f2d
f2d
  • Threads: 7
February 16th, 2011 at 5:24:22 AM permalink
Quote: Jufo81

Why would you calculate cut card effect if the game is shuffled after every hand? You should simply use the house edge assuming shuffle after every hand.

You get the exact house edge by inputting the rules into the following calculator and then pressing button Calculate House Edge: http://www.beatingbonuses.com/houseedge.htm

I was using wizard's calculator, and his optimal edge is based on composition dependent strategy, and the realistic edge is based on basic strategy but with the cut card effect. Since my sim is neither of those situations I can only guess if it's right. Well, compared to the beating bonuses site I'm coming up with a house edge about .05% higher then what they say. There's a couple minor discrepancies with the basic strategy that they generated, and 100 million hands isn't quite sufficient to get results that are spot on.

Either way, I don't care as long as my results are within a couple tenths of a percent of correct. My concern is if the discrepancies were being caused my errors in my program.
Jufo81
Jufo81
  • Threads: 6
February 16th, 2011 at 5:40:18 AM permalink
Quote: f2d

I was using wizard's calculator, and his optimal edge is based on composition dependent strategy, and the realistic edge is based on basic strategy but with the cut card effect. Since my sim is neither of those situations I can only guess if it's right. Well, compared to the beating bonuses site I'm coming up with a house edge about .05% higher then what they say. There's a couple minor discrepancies with the basic strategy that they generated, and 100 million hands isn't quite sufficient to get results that are spot on.

"The realistic edge is based on basic strategy but with the cut card effect"

Yes but this situation only occurs on a shoe game which is NOT shuffled after every hand. You can't apply this to a scenario where shuffling occurs after every hand.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
March 1st, 2011 at 9:49:54 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
  • Jump to: