ssho88
ssho88
  • Threads: 57
October 19th, 2024 at 4:39:56 AM permalink
The published house edge of FUN21 is 0.63%. The following is the published basic strategy. I found an error (should HIT 16 vs 7). According to the official basic strategy and the corrected HIT for 16 vs 7, the house edge I simulated is 0.695%, which is a little different. I may simulated it wrongly. I shuffle the deck after each round, so there is no issue with the card cut effect.

Can anyone verify the published BS or find a better basic strategy for this game?

The game is played with 8 standard 52 cards decks , without the 10s.

aceside
aceside
  • Threads: 2
October 19th, 2024 at 8:27:16 AM permalink
I haven’t seen this game. In Wizard’s version of Fun21, it is a shoe of 8 decks each with 48 cards, and the basic strategy for 16 vs. 7 is Hit.
Last edited by: aceside on Oct 19, 2024
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 61
October 19th, 2024 at 9:48:41 AM permalink
This appears to be Infinite Fun Fun 21 from Evolution, a new game issued in late September 2024.

Can you provide a link to the Basic Strategy chart? Or a higher resolution image of the Basic Strategy chart? (by email if that is easier?) Parts of the image of that chart are unreadable at any magnification.
Last edited by: gordonm888 on Oct 19, 2024
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
AutomaticMonkey
AutomaticMonkey 
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
gordonm888
October 19th, 2024 at 11:18:51 AM permalink
This is a mix of several forms of Spanish 21. It's H17, which is usually considered unplayable without some other tweak, like redoubling. It uses the odious "Mohegan rules" for splitting aces, which really gimps the game. There's no surrender, which doesn't make a huge difference in basic strategy but is more valuable to a counter because surrender plays show up in higher counts when you have your money down. And it uses better bonuses for the special hands, like the Spanish 21 game they used to deal years ago at the Excalibur did. (That was fun!)

So the Wizard's basic strategy for Spanish 21, H17, no redouble, and without the surrender plays will be close enough. Only the comp-dependent plays on the bonus hands might be improvable.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 61
October 19th, 2024 at 12:12:53 PM permalink
Quote: AutomaticMonkey

This is a mix of several forms of Spanish 21. It's H17, which is usually considered unplayable without some other tweak, like redoubling. It uses the odious "Mohegan rules" for splitting aces, which really gimps the game. There's no surrender, which doesn't make a huge difference in basic strategy but is more valuable to a counter because surrender plays show up in higher counts when you have your money down. And it uses better bonuses for the special hands, like the Spanish 21 game they used to deal years ago at the Excalibur did. (That was fun!)

So the Wizard's basic strategy for Spanish 21, H17, no redouble, and without the surrender plays will be close enough. Only the comp-dependent plays on the bonus hands might be improvable.
link to original post

Thanks for these comments.
You can further improve the Spanish 21,H17 Basic Strategy tables by making the following conversions when applied to Infinite Fun Fun 21:

D6 (spanish 21) --> D5 (Infinite Fun Fun 21)
D5 --> D4
S6 --> S5
S5 --> S4
" --> '
' --> *

That catches a good fraction of the strategy changes caused by the higher bonuses in Infinite Fun Fun 21 (although not all of them.)
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
ssho88
ssho88
  • Threads: 57
October 19th, 2024 at 2:10:19 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

This appears to be Infinite Fun Fun 21 from Evolution, a new game issued in late September 2024.

Can you provide a link to the Basic Strategy chart? Or a higher resolution image of the Basic Strategy chart? (by email if that is easier?) Parts of the image of that chart are unreadable at any magnification.
link to original post

Yes, this is Infinite Fun Fun 21 Blackjack, please see the link below.

https://cc.egokoko.com/frontend/evo/r2/optimalFunFun21BlackjackStrategy.html?gameType=funfun21scalablebj&locale=en-GB
  • Jump to: